Got call to pick up my new Evo but...

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am a current Pre user that has been on a waiting list for an EVO. Received a call today from BB stating my unit was in after waiting 2 to 3 weeks. Now am confused on if I want the EVO or the upcoming Epic 4G. I guess I could pick up and utilize my 30 return policy if I wanted to go with the Epic. Both seem like great phones. Thoughts?

akt83

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, pick up the Evo and return it if you don't like it. That's what I did. I got a white Evo, but I returned it after 2 weeks. Coming from a Pre and always having a keyboard on my phone, I just couldn't get used to the virtually keyboard. So I figured I could wait a couple more weeks for an Epic.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was expecting the EVO's keyboard to be a giant upgrade over the iPhone's, but it felt like a downgrade. Thanks to Swype though, this problem will be a thing of the past when I get my Epic.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was expecting the EVO's keyboard to be a giant upgrade over the iPhone's, but it felt like a downgrade. Thanks to Swype though, this problem will be a thing of the past when I get my Epic.

That makes no sense since the Evo also has Swype. The "advantage" the Epic has is the physical keyboard if that's what you like.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
That makes no sense since the Evo also has Swype. The "advantage" the Epic has is the physical keyboard if that's what you like.

Since when did the Evo pick up Swype? Froyo? I haven't really been following, but I sure as heck know mine didn't come preloaded with Swype. Also, when I sideloaded Swype onto my Evo, it was a burden to use due to the enormous screen.

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Picked up EVO. Have 30 days to evaluate. Will look at Epic when released. Really both great phones. Really enjoying EVO thus far.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, pick up the Evo and return it if you don't like it. That's what I did. I got a white Evo, but I returned it after 2 weeks. Coming from a Pre and always having a keyboard on my phone, I just couldn't get used to the virtually keyboard. So I figured I could wait a couple more weeks for an Epic.

Isn't there a restocking fee for that?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Talked to the guys at my local corporate store today and they've now had time to get comfortable with the EPIC.

I guess Sprint employees have to wait a certain period of time to get in demand phones after release (or at least that's what they told me) and they now proclaim that they are both going to wait and get the EPIC.

They also advised that they tried Sprint Nav on the EPIC yesterday afternoon and this morning and that it appears to work perfectly.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Talked to the guys at my local corporate store today and they've now had time to get comfortable with the EPIC.

I guess Sprint employees have to wait a certain period of time to get in demand phones after release (or at least that's what they told me) and they now proclaim that they are both going to wait and get the EPIC.

They also advised that they tried Sprint Nav on the EPIC yesterday afternoon and this morning and that it appears to work perfectly.

Good to know, thanks for telling us! Looks like the only people having problems are some of those awful reviewers. Usually, they don't have the settings right.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Although, to be fair, the settings SHOULD be right out-of-the-box.

Well, typically there is this whole setup with android phones the first time you turn the phone on, but this phone doesn't have that anymore. It doesn't ask you for your google account information. Or to set on location services to on. You must manually key these in now, when before, you got prompted to do these from the get go.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Samsung seems to favor the Wild West. Here's your phone, now you're on your own. Ummm, Samsung, I don't think you realize, but most of your customers are average people with no care about what phone they get, except that it does their job? I doubt they want to spend finding out how the thing works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781