Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many of you have received a call letting you know your phone has arrived?

I've noticed that a few people have received phone calls letting them know that their phone has arrived. I pre-ordered mine from the Shack and have not received said call. How many have you have not gotten this call?

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

I have NOT... I am waiting for BB to call me to set up my appt for picking up and activating my Epic... I'm almost ready to call them to see what's up because when I pre-ordered they said I was the first to do so...

Speaking of which... this will be my first phone activation at BB... can anyone with experience with doing so with other phones speak a little on the process? The only interaction I have had with Best Buy Mobile has been getting them to install my Invisible Shields. What's the phone activation process like there and how easy (or difficult) are they to work with? TIA...
    NSS

I've gotten 4 phones activated at BB and the process was pretty quick and easy. They just ask your account info, find the eligible upgrade line and then activate the phone right there. They also offer a contact swap there as well. I was in and out in about 15 minutes most of the time and once they activate it, your good to go.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Not me! Sprint doesn't make calls

They called friday afternoon.

Said to come in anytime Tuesday.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

I'm just going in Tuesday to get my phone. Couldn't pre-order the Epic from Best Buy online, so I had to resort to the Sprint store.

There are no appointment times at Sprint stores correct? You just go in and pick it up anytime Tuesday as long as you have a reservation?

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by egeorge1 View Post
    There are no appointment times at Sprint stores correct? You just go in and pick it up anytime Tuesday as long as you have a reservation?
    Yeah, I'm assuming that's what you have to do... if I remember correctly, this was the first time that Sprint offered the pre-order reservation listing online, so this should be a fairly new process...

I pre-ordered through Sprint's Premier reservation before my BB pre-order, so if I grab my phone at BB I'll just cancel the Sprint reservation so they can give the phone to somebody else who's waiting

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

No call here. but then again my mom has been there many many times since they had the release date and Hopefully there wont be too many people in line Tuesday morning.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
    Yeah, I'm assuming that's what you have to do... if I remember correctly, this was the first time that Sprint offered the pre-order reservation listing online, so this should be a fairly new process...

I pre-ordered through Sprint's Premier reservation before my BB pre-order, so if I grab my phone at BB I'll just cancel the Sprint reservation so they can give the phone to somebody else who's waiting
    Its reserved for you up until 6PM on the 1st (Wednesday)

On that note: I have not received a call yet.
    Last edited by Andrew Ruffolo; 08-28-2010 at 06:56 PM.

I got a call from my local Sprint store yesterday. They wanted to tell me that my Epic was in, and wanted to know what time I was going to come pick it up. He said I could pick it up any time Tuesday, but with the crowd they are expecting, wanted to get an idea of the time. So I'm in for a 4:30pm date with my new Epic!! Sweet!

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I'm pre-ordered with RS also. I was told last week that I didn't need an appointment, but went by the store today to look at accessories and was told that they would call on Monday to set appointments (seems a bit late to me for us working folks). However, since I already planned on being there first thing in the morning (9 a.m.), it should be no issue.

I was told that they do want appointments in order to avoid issues experienced with the EVO launch - apparently since there were so many phones to activate on launch day, it sometimes took up to two hours to activate a phone. This is what I was told, please let me know if you know differently.
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Most stores are calling on ./... "Monday" day before to set up appointments
    Thanked by:

I reserved at Best Buy on Wednesday, still no call.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

...still waiting, no call from the Sprint store in the Marina...
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I JUST got a all from RS. I set up my appointment for tuesday at 2 pm(lunch break). Now I'm ALOT more excited, seems the day is actually real now.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I reserved at Best Buy on Wednesday, still no call.
    No call for me from BB either, and I reserved on Aug 14... I'm hoping that tomorrow is the day!
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

I got my call this morning @ around 10.30am - I called back in afternoon they said the "earliest" appointment I could get was @ 11am - I said well I work so why not @ 10, they stated while I was the 1st person to pre-order they already made earlier appointments and they are spacing them out so in the event of activation delay etc they don't want people just sitting and waiting - im like serioulsy 10min TOP! to do an esn swap and do test call if that! I don't need you to set up anything but whats required in the computer LOL but im going around 10.30am Im not tryna be waisting my time I have things to do- I wish I wanted to pay Sprint the extra 100 up front cause they open at 8am lol ughhh
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

I reserved in the first half hour the pre-orders were open, yet no call... Hmm, I don't know about this, but I do have a confirmation number. I was told somewhere that I could get it at 8am sharp though.

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Just got an email from sprint. Nothing from bb yet though.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Oops, I put it under the wrong email account! No wonder I wasn't getting it! Found the pre-order confirmation, but I hope the other email didn't get deleted Well, I'll find out tomorrow.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Just got an email from sprint. Nothing from bb yet though.
    Same here... I posted this in another thread:

Got my email from Sprint early this morning (Your Samsung Epic 4G reservation) letting me know that my phone will be ready to pick up tomorrow...

Since I have it reserved at BB as well, I'm hoping I get the call from them later today giving me info on my reservation there

No call from Radio Shack, but was in a different RS store yesterday replacing my wife's phone and the guy said the Epics had already arrived but they just couldn't sell them until Tuesday. I called the store I pre-ordered from to ask if I needed an appointment or something and they only had 3 pre-orders those being the only phones they received so to just stop in whenever. Sprint must be hoarding the extras for their own stores, as they sent me an email this morning telling me it goes on sale tomorrow at 8 AM even though I didn't go through them.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

I got an email, but no call. Perhaps later today or Sprint just hates AT&T so much, that they won't call my iPhone...they probably can't tell anyways.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I haven't heard from BB yet...patiently waiting for the call =/
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast