| || |
Epic 4G Camera has less features??
I was comparing camera fatures between the Epic 4G and its siblings (the AT&T Captivate to be specific) and found the Epic was lacking in a couple of features.
If this is true, I'm just a bit disappointed. Maybe it can be upgraded with a software upgrade.....
I found these features in the AT&T Captivate pdf User's Manual that is not listed in the Epic's pdf User's Manual (which can mean the Epic's Users Manual is incomplete or not accurate - until it can be verified that they are in fact, the same)
• Single shot: takes a single photo and view it before returning to the shooting mode.
• Continuous: takes a succession of consecutive photos by pressing and holding the Camera key.
• Panorama: takes a landscape photo by taking an initial photo and then adding additional images to itself. The guide box lets you view the area where the second part of the panoramic picture should fall within.
• Smile shot: the camera focuses on the face of your subject. Once the camera detects the person’s smile, it takes the picture.
• Beauty: adjusts the contrast to smooth facial features.
• Vintage: gives your photo a vintage look (hazy around the edges). Touch the icon in the lower left corner of the display screen to choose a Normal, Warm, Cool, or Mono effect.
• Add me: combines people with existing background. Touch the screen to pick which side of the screen to focus on. Press the camera key. Focus on a background and press the camera key a second time.
• Action shot: detects action and creates a panorama of the moving object.
• Cartoon: gives your photo a cartoon look.
• Effects: allows you to change the color tone or apply special effects to the photo. Options include: Normal, Negative, Black and White, or Sepia.
• Adjust: allows you to adjust Contrast, Saturation, and Sharpness
(Many of the above features are found on Samsung's digital cameras)
Other than that, most of the other camera/camcorder features are pretty much the same according to the pdf Manuals. If this is true, I wonder why the difference? Is it due to actual hardware or just software/firmware??
Regardless, I'm still looking forward to picking up my Epic fom Radio Shack.
t-minus 1 day 8 hours 57 minutes and counting.....