Best way to sync/put music on the Epic?

justkeptfading

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the DroidOS, coming from a long line of Palm products and I was wondering..what is the best way or what will be the best way to put music on the Epic?

Last edited:

justkeptfading

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
That's what I figured my main route would be, but I did this with my Pre and it wouldn't always include album art. So I ended up using double twist.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I've never used DoubleTwist, but I remembered reading that it's really slow? Anything else worth downloading instead of DT?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I like double twist. May be slow, but you won't have to redownload it to the phone everytime, so just the first big transfer will be slow (plus its only a class 2 card).

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh, but it's not slow after that? I got the impression that the app itself was just slower than it should be...

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
DnD*

*Drag n Drop onto the SD Card.

Ok so with drag & drop do we need to create separate folder or is there already a music folder in USB mode? Sorry if this question sounds dumb.

I am just curious if android interfaces similar to the way palm did with USB mode.

I prefer drag and drop. will the system recognize file types and place them in the correct system file or are there dedicated folders for Music files, ringtones, images ect..

erickzig

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
One of the best features of using iTunes and my iPhone (sorry to mention that phone) is the ability to auto downconvert to a lower bit-rate when I add songs to my phone.

I have most songs in my library as Apple Lossless and they can be pretty large files. It's nice to be able to have iTunes automatically convert them to smaller files when adding them to my phone... Can doubletwist do this or is there another app/program that can do this or do I have to go in and convert everything in my library by hand first... :(

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Drag and drop into a folder (I made and named mine music) and the media player sorts it for you. I have my music in folders (one per album) and it did everything for me. Most of my album art worked itself out too! It wasnt working on my pre or in itunes but it does on android and media center!

toolazy

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I successfully transferred my playlists using iSyncr ($3). iSyncr also has a WiFi add on option ($1), but it is for PC's only. TuneSync looks pretty interesting too, but I don't have Snow Leopard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21