Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Default Music files as ringtones

I was researching potential android apps I would load and one i liked was Ring Droid. I like this app as it allows us to clip Mp3's and set as ring tones.

Does the Android stock allow to set music as ring tones or do we need a special app for this
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Most newer phones allow for mp3 ringers, although it probably varies on clipping it. I've just always used Myxer.com to make my own ringtones.
    H_D

Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addie_goodvibes View Post
    I was researching potential android apps I would load and one i liked was Ring Droid. I like this app as it allows us to clip Mp3's and set as ring tones.

Does the Android stock allow to set music as ring tones or do we need a special app for this
    Download "Rings Extended" from the Market. Excellent app.
    Check it out: http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.angr...rings_extended

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addie_goodvibes View Post

I use Ring droid to clip mp3's to set as my ring tones. Works well and is easy to use. Try it an see how you like it.

On my Pre, which is getting its last day of use, I have an app that can download the 30 second song samples from the iTunes store. It is great for finding ring tones.

Is there something like that in the Android marketplace?
    H_D

Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrmitchell72 View Post
    On my Pre, which is getting its last day of use, I have an app that can download the 30 second song samples from the iTunes store. It is great for finding ring tones.

Is there something like that in the Android marketplace?
    I'd like an app like that for Android!

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoiD View Post
    I'd like an app like that for Android!
    Yeah, it is the only app that I will miss! Here is a link to the description...

http://www.webosnation.com/app-galle...usic-ringtones