Unlimited cash?

JugglingWJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
How is it that every phone that comes out... everybody buys? I mean does everybody but me have unlimited cash? Every time a new Android phone arrives everybody I'm following on Twitter, or friends with on Facebook, goes out and buys it. I briefly had an EVO before returning it and I was astonished at the costs. Not counting the actual phone it was costing about $150 a month. I don't understand how people have that kind of money.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
How is it that every phone that comes out... everybody buys? I mean does everybody but me have unlimited cash? Every time a new Android phone arrives everybody I'm following on Twitter, or friends with on Facebook, goes out and buys it. I briefly had an EVO before returning it and I was astonished at the costs. Not counting the actual phone it was costing about $150 a month. I don't understand how people have that kind of money.

I'm like you. However, I'm getting the Epic to replace my iPhone 3g s which will be handed over to my sister. Otherwise, I can't be an early adopter unless I take my dad's upgrade-every-1-year option (his line's the only one that's been on Sprint for over 10 years). Most people can get phones because they either return them quickly, they need a second line, they can hand down another phone to a family member, or they can upgrade once a year because they are Sprint Premier customers.

Xenx

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
$150 a month? for 1 phone?

I pay $140/mo for two lines. That is with tep and 4g on 1 line. Though, I do have a discount on my line.

As for the cost of the phone.. All the money I save on not going to bars = money I spend on my fix.. computer gadgets of all varieties. That, and I don't have to pay rent.

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
If you're patient and willing to trade phones, you can get some good deals going through Craigslist or something. I've had almost every modern-day Sprint smartphone, and most of them I have gotten by either trading or buying a phone off contract and selling mine.

I briefly had the Evo, but sold it for $475, which would go a long way towards funding other phones... like the Epic? :)

deadon21628

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Evo right when it first came out. To pay for it, i turned off my cable tv, which saves me $90 a month, and i added my mom's and sister's phones to my account so i'm paying an average of $160 for 3 lines, much better than what you are paying for just one line. Last year i paid the same amount for the Palm Pre, and both phones have been totally worth it, no complaints!

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Buy and sell ;)
I bought a CLIQ awhile back, unlocked/rooted/played with it for a couple of months, and sold it for more than what I paid for it :D
Usually I break even or lose a couple of bucks when I trade through phones, but I haven't permanently switched carriers either so I haven't had to pay ETF's. I might break my contract for the Epic though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar