Anybody intrested in joining a Epic Video Call List?

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Well as we all pick up our Epics today, it has the ability to "video call" and (Ghostbusters) "Who ya gonna call???" to show off that great Epic video calling feature??

So I thought since we're all here in the same forum, same intrest etc. etc.....

Are there any of you that might be intrested in a video call?? We may be in the same city, state or even clear across the country. It'd be a great demonstration of the Epic video calling feature and a great way to make new friends???

Remember our (Sprint) plans are unlimited when calling another Sprint phone.

Any takers??? Chime in if you are.

CQ CQ CQ....I mean VDO VDO VDO....

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Boy, I woke up this morning thinking there might be some new Epic (or even Evo) takers on my video call offer, but no dice. ZERO.

Are we all lovers of technology, but too timid to use it?
Wanna have it, gotta have it, have to have it and now you finally have it, so we can only tell people it can place video calls, but you can't show them??

I know, I know, we're all waiting for someone in the family or friend to get a video capable phone to make a call to right???

The offer is still ON.

BTW I'm in Redmond, Washington.

Any takers?

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
So I'm curious......

How many of you are making video calls with your new Epic (or Evo)?

Anybody??

How do you even know if it works? is it smooth? Or is the video choppy?

Or is the video call feature only there for bragging rights???

"my phone can do video calls....."

Not!!!

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
haha I have two friends with Evo's already so i have video chatted with them. But i hope you find someone! Its like the early days of Sprint Readylink (you all remember that).

Everyone on forums were just trading numbers to talk to each other to test it out.

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
haha I have two friends with Evo's already so i have video chatted with them. But i hope you find someone! Its like the early days of Sprint Readylink (you all remember that).

Everyone on forums were just trading numbers to talk to each other to test it out.

Thanks for your positive input.

It really brings out your character.

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if you can use the video phone chat function with google's new phone call feature from gmail or perhaps through skype?

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I dont think I will be using the video chat functioin for video chat. For me it will be more of a live stream to certain person when I want to show them something right away. If I witness a big fire, or car wreck, or if I see an awesome car that I know someone would want to see. General chit-chat can and will be done over the normal phone or text for me.

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if you can use the video phone chat function with google's new phone call feature from gmail or perhaps through skype?

As far as I know the front facing camera works if the application is written to take advantage of it.

So if Google or Skype have video chat applications for Android, then obviously it will work with other devices running the same application.

If there was a video/photography application that makes use of the front facing camera with NO COMMUNICATIONS then then the front facing camera works as its designed for by the application.

Both Google and Skype are ones to watch out for. I know Verizon allows Skype calls on their network, but thats from phone to phone. I don't know about the video stuff cuz thats pretty new. As you know, only a few models of smartphones have front facing cameras.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1