1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default whos got an evo but gonna try the epic on a new account?

Im going to get the epic and put it on a new plan for 30 days and if im happy with it then cancel the account but keep the phone and let Sprint charge me for the full price of the phone. Is any one else going this route?

I would just buy it retail but I need to have it activated so I can compare thoroughly with my evo.
    Android Supporter

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Thought about doing something similar but I wanted to open a third line since my wife is on the second one and get the phone and switch the numbers third to second then I might try to cancel the third line right at my 30 day mark but I'm not sure what I'm going to have to pay afterwards
    "live by the Creed"
    PSN id:Jase
    QIK id:jase313

EVO

Maybe since i got my work to buy my evo and pay my account i might just try the epic 4g out. I really like the screen and quickness of the phone. maybe ill let my gf try it because she loves the crackberry and since it has the qwerty keyboard it might be just right for her.

I plan on buying the Epic in October when my wife's contract is up with T-Mobile and is added to my account with Sprint. Since she loves my EVO I will let her have it and I'll take the Epic. Sounds fair to me ;o)

I never thought I would say it but I am seriously considering getting the Epic. I love my EVO and can't see another phone on the market being just as good or better than the EVO. But I am due for an upgrade next month and think I may get it. I really like the Samsung super amoled screen and the entertainment angle that they're using for this phone. I know my EVO can do the same thing but its ready for movie download and rental right outta the box!!! Decisions decisions decisions...LOL!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by kratos313 View Post
    Thought about doing something similar but I wanted to open a third line since my wife is on the second one and get the phone and switch the numbers third to second then I might try to cancel the third line right at my 30 day mark but I'm not sure what I'm going to have to pay afterwards
    Sprint will not let you move numbers around. The numbers are gonna be attached to that line account and cant be changed. I've tried this before..But you get it done let me know.

Edited
    Last edited by aznmode; 08-31-2010 at 01:35 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Holsum View Post
    Maybe since i got my work to buy my evo and pay my account i might just try the epic 4g out. I really like the screen and quickness of the phone. maybe ill let my gf try it because she loves the crackberry and since it has the qwerty keyboard it might be just right for her.
    Must be nice. If you like the Epic are you going to cancel the company one?

Originally Posted by kratos313
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Sprint will let you move numbers around. The numbers are gonna be attached to that line account and cant be changed. I've tried this before..But you get it done let me know.
    Be cautious. I read somewhere that they will not process your rebate (assuming you get the phone from Sprint Store/Sales) if you change the line w/in 30 days. If you do this, consider buying the phone from Best Buy or RadioShack since there is no rebate to process.