Just Picked It Up

bridic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
let us know what you think. Being a Sprint employee, I get to wait for a couple months before I will be able to pick one up.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Very quick impressions...

Capacative buttons work absolutely FINE.
Going through the menu setting up various things the phone flies.

Email setup is much more of a pain the BB but I expected that and went through the same thing with the EVO

The phone has less of a 3G signal in my office thatn the EVO did but at least it's a solid one bar whereas my 9650 Bold would drop every call. Sprint sent me an Airwave yesterday to use in the office so once I get that up and running I'll be good to go. I have a strong 4g signal at home so I'll try that out this evening.

Absolutely love the screen. If you don't have an EVO sitting next to it for comparison, the screen is plenty big enough.

Keyboard is excellent

I'm guessing it's tyhe rounded corners...the phone is much more comfortable in the hand than the EVO was and for perhaps the same reason, fits much better in the pocket.

Looks great...I sense no "cheapness" factor to it at all.

I'll have more input after I get a chance to really work with it as the day progresses but I'm very happy with the desicion to go with this device.

krazyfiend

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the break down jfenton ... it's appreciated. Good to hear about the feel, in pocket & hand...as well as not sensing any cheapness..

Cheers!

durhamite

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't take the pressure. It is killing me. I can't upgrade for another month. Thanks for the quick impressions. I still don't know which way I will go. EVO or EPIC.. right now EPIC. later today it will probably be EVO. Looking forward to a comparison!

MsRandall

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't take the pressure. It is killing me. I can't upgrade for another month. Thanks for the quick impressions. I still don't know which way I will go. EVO or EPIC.. right now EPIC. later today it will probably be EVO. Looking forward to a comparison!

Good luck with that decision but I dont think you can go wrong with either phone. I love my evo but I am happy as a bug that Sprint has added another awesome phone to their line up...

I remember when Sprint was the carrier with the hottest phones so I am anxious to see the board lite up with new phone excitement

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I wear hearing aids so sound quality is of great importance to me.

The two phone calls I made I had no issue hearing and the folks I was speaking with said I sounded fine.

The speaker is way better than what I had on either my BB Tour or 9650 Bold and definetly better for my ears at least relative to the EVO. It will crank up quite a ways :)

rcollins001

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my wife's Epic, and took it to her at her office, I was off she had to work, My EVO picked up 4G where it does here in Lake Mary Fl. but her Epic did not, ( yes I turned 4G on) it did come on for a minute but then went off, Not sure about that. Her G mail account and all her phone book came over with out a problem. Phone looks great, feels better in my hand than does the EVO The Epic is lighter than the EVO. Both great phones.

Reeves

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Congrats. That first day excitement is a wonderful thing. I remember getting there and waiting in line for my Pre. Ahhh...

Glad to see Sprint has two phones out in recent months offering the same experience. Still thinking about picking one up myself.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
First impressions: the keyboard is amazing. I really missed having one. The screen does look significantly smaller than the evos but the colors jusy popped. It even made my friend with an iphone 4 say WOW lol. The capacitive buttons work flawlessly and the gps got a complete lock on me fairly quickly.
The screen is amazingly responsive and animations are really smooth. Do yourszelf a favor install adw launcher. Adw + touchwiz icons is actually extremely good looking and fast.
Can't wait to get home and root my phone

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the quick first impressions. i was skeptical about the capacitive buttons but sounds like they work just fine. excited to pick mine up later today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek