Android 2.2 Update

bridic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I dont beleive they ever planned on updating the Moment. If I had to guess on the Galaxy S...I say it might have 2.2 in about a monthish.

plainbrad

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I worry about Samsung and the update as well. But rumors are it will be updated with in a month. There are a lot of Galaxy S phones out there. If they fail at the update it will create quite the storm.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't get all the negative attitudes from the get go.

The Galaxy S line is way to importnat for Samsung to ignore it....they are covering darn near every major cell company there is.

Besides...if for some reason they didn't upgrade it and I have no doubt that they will, someone elese will.

Do folks realize how non adult all this whining sounds?

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Update to 2.2 is going to happen. Update to 3.0? I hope so, but I havnt heard anything. If the Galaxy Tabs are basically larger versions of the Galaxy S phones, I would assume they would support updates for them, they seem to have the hardware to handle it.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As long as Googles' developer phone is the nexus one, the Epic can handle any new version of Android that comes out.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As long as Googles' developer phone is the nexus one, the Epic can handle any new version of Android that comes out.

I agree, the Galaxy S series will most likely be Gingerbread capable, but like the HTC Hero, just because it can run FroYo doesn't mean Sprint/HTC will officially upgrade it.

For those inclined when 3.0 comes out I'm sure the development community will come up with a solution, though imagine the handset hardware that will be out then!