Samsung Moment owner's request to new Samsung Epic owners.

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently an owner of the Samsung Moment. I absolutely love my phone. Disappointed though that Sprint and Samsung didn't pass the FroYo love to us. However, I'm looking ahead to 2011 to see what the lay of the Android landscape will be when I'm up for review.

As a fan of the Moment, the Samsung Epic looks to be a nice sister phone upgrade for Moment owners. So I'd like to hear some feedback and comments from Epic customers so that many of us can benefit from user experience. I am reasoning that launch day is one of the best days to request feedback and user experience from customers and maybe get long term request after the initial excitement wears off.

Thank you so much in advance.

debello

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
After a few minutes of playing with the Epic it is about half the weight of the Moment. The keyboard is about 100% better then the Moments. I would have to say the only thing the Moment and Epic have in common are they are both made by Samsung and have slide out keyboards.

Ill go back to a Toyota reference after the T100 was such a crappy seller. Toyota asked American dealers what they would keep from the T100 and one dealer replied the radiator cap. The slide out keyboard is that radiator cap.

mlctulsa

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently an owner of the Samsung Moment. I absolutely love my phone. Disappointed though that Sprint and Samsung didn't pass the FroYo love to us. However, I'm looking ahead to 2011 to see what the lay of the Android landscape will be when I'm up for review.

As a fan of the Moment, the Samsung Epic looks to be a nice sister phone upgrade for Moment owners. So I'd like to hear some feedback and comments from Epic customers so that many of us can benefit from user experience. I am reasoning that launch day is one of the best days to request feedback and user experience from customers and maybe get long term request after the initial excitement wears off.

Thank you so much in advance.
The Epic is the best Android phone in the market. I have an EVO also and my business partner has a Droid X - it beats both. I would not hesitate to buy one.

debello

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
The arranged capacitive buttons take some getting use to, but have no issue with hiting them, just hitting the home instead of the list button.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Cav3000

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a moment to the epic I will say WOW. That is all.

My Wife has the Moment and has a huge problem with the screen turning on during calls. Have you experienced anything like that with the Epic yet? That would be my biggest worry with it being a similar for factor and by Samsung.

solo1shyne#AC

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Epic for about three weeks now. I have not had any problem with the screen turning on. I'm coming from a Sprint Pre that I've had since launch last year. I have to admit I really like the Epic. I love Web-os but the big screen. Large keyboard and big beautiful super amoled screen on the Epic make me miss Web-os a little less.

dumpringz

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
phone is a definite improvement for making calls . . by a long shot .... keyboard is also better as far as layout but there is a problem with many epics relating to inputs not being recognized by hardware keyboard. I'm on #5 as a result but many users claim to not have issue ... there are issues as with any device its not all peaches n cream but def a great device