Anyone preorder at Bestbuy.com?

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Preordered mine from BB website on 8/13...was hoping it would ship yesterday or wake up to a shipment confirmation...but NOOOOOO...I log on to check the status and see this:

Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 15 - 21 days.

wtf is up with this mess?? Guess I might have to make a trip to the local sprint store and pick up one I reserved (and now have to deal with the mail in rebate crap).

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Same status message

Preordered mine from BB website on 8/13...was hoping it would ship yesterday or wake up to a shipment confirmation...but NOOOOOO...I log on to check the status and see this:

Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 15 - 21 days.

wtf is up with this mess?? Guess I might have to make a trip to the local sprint store and pick up one I reserved (and now have to deal with the mail in rebate crap).

I ordered mine on the 24th, and have the exact same status message today as you on the BB status website. What gives? I am hoping these shipping dates are just to cover theirs asses in case of a late delivery, not the earliest it can be received. It should ship today, IMO.

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 24th, and have the exact same status message today as you on the BB status website. What gives? I am hoping these shipping dates are just to cover theirs asses in case of a late delivery, not the earliest it can be received. It should ship today, IMO.

Yeah, it has to be some sort of mistake, I mean, when I made my preorder it said it would ship within 5-7 business days which would have meant I got the phone before it was released today. Needless to say, I won't be going this route in the future, why have a preorder if you're not ready to have these things ship the day it's released? It's more than obvious BB stores had these phones in stores and ready to sell yesterday, a day before they could sell them.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife pre-ordered hers from Best Buy online on Aug 23. It's still on "backorder" status as of today. Not being much of a tech geek, she's not in a hurry to get it, though, so she'll keep waiting. If it were me I would have already started searching the stores and cancelled the BB order. :-D

quibbs

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from BB. I got the same message about back ordered, etc. I called today and they said it has in fact shipped today and that I will be receiving my tracking number tonight from UPS. The rep said that Samsung ships the phones directly to the customers and BB cannot send out tracking numbers until Samsung notifies them. That was what I was told. BTW, if you call and cancel your order and then reorder you will save $20.00. The price on the BB website is 20$ less. That's right, they charged a premium to get it earlier.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from BB. I got the same message about back ordered, etc. I called today and they said it has in fact shipped today and that I will be receiving my tracking number tonight from UPS. The rep said that Samsung ships the phones directly to the customers and BB cannot send out tracking numbers until Samsung notifies them. That was what I was told. BTW, if you call and cancel your order and then reorder you will save $20.00. The price on the BB website is 20$ less. That's right, they charged a premium to get it earlier.

Did you cancel and reorder to save the $20? Oh wait..if yours shipped today, I guess you didn't. I would be concerned that canelling and reordering would delay delivery compared to a pre-ordered one.

Jeese...if that's true, though, BB sucks. We should be rewarded for buying early, not punished. I know prices always come down later, but on the day of the release? WTF? :mad:

quibbs

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Did you cancel and reorder to save the $20? Oh wait..if yours shipped today, I guess you didn't. I would be concerned that canelling and reordering would delay delivery compared to a pre-ordered one.

Jeese...if that's true, though, BB sucks. We should be rewarded for buying early, not punished. I know prices always come down later, but on the day of the release? WTF? :mad:

I did not cancel since they said I would receive a tracking number by tonight. So far nothing and it's 6:03pm. If I do not see a email by the time I get up tomorrow morning I will cancel my order and go pick it up at Sprint (have one reserved until 6pm tomorrow).

I doubt I will ever buy a phone from them again after this BS. It isn't so much the amount as it is the principal.

JeffDTD

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My hopes of an Epic being delivered to me at some point this week seem to be slim to absent. I ordered 8/15, was explained backorder status just meant not released. 1 week ago, I chatted with a mobile consultant online about possibly cancelling the order due to it not arriving for a long time after launch.. she assured me I would receive it by 8/31 or the next day.

Fast forward to today.. chatted again. Was told it will be 15-21 days. Told the agent I was being lied to and wanted to cancel. She then tells me I can't cancel because they are in the process of filling the order. So I picked up the phone and called.. was told the order was being processed.. so I said "Wheres the tracking? wheres the phone?" and the explanation was that its not shipped yet, not mailed, but in the process of being packaged and they could not cancel the order. "So when will it be received"?
"We expect it will be mailed in the next 2-3 days .

AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an update? The status shows the same for me, which is lame. I've contacted sprint and it shows the new phone tied to my account and that it used my upgrade...now I want to know where the hell is my phone and when will it get to me?? Never again BB, you suck! LOL

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, looks like someone on the BB forums said they received their phone today without ever getting a tracking number, email confirmation, etc....said he is in Michigan and it was shipped from Ohio...sure hope that's the case for my phone.

relic419

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I ordered mine on 8/31, stepped out to see if it was even remotely possible that I had received mine, and there it was!!! Pretty pleased, with the expedited shipping form BB.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on 8/24. Well, one can hope it will magically appear from UPS today. I called BB today and they said my order was NOT back ordered, though I received and email saying it was.

Pressed for an explanation of what the status on the BB website of "in the process of being fulfilled" means, the rep said it was in their warehouse and was waiting to be picked up by UPS, and that I should get a tracking number today or tomorrow.

These reps don't know what is going on. Seems like a pretty lame amount of efficiency from a major retailer. If they had their crap together, a pre-order should ship on the day of the release. That is one of the points of a pre-order, after all, no?

Imtheweezel

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If it makes ya'll feel better I pre-ordered mine on august 15 in a store and they didn't receive them. I called them and they said that they still haven't received their original shipment. I was upset. What kind of crap is that? Every other store in town had received their shipments. I'm pretty upset with the way they handled the situation. They act stupid too when you ask them about it :mad: :mad:
Ohhhh well....I guess I have to keep waiting, since no other store in New Orleans has the phone available.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Ordered mine on 8/24 with fastest shipping. Never received an email, confirmation, tracking, website said 15-21 days... got it yesterday.

quibbs

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
As a follow up I got mine today (could of gotten it yesterday). As mentioned above, I received no email or any type of alert that my phone had shipped. Apparently there was a lack of communication between BB, BB reps, Samsung and the distribution company that handled the mailings/shipments.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781