1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Take Pics with Front facing Camera?

I know that I am probably just blind here, but can you take actual pics with the front facing camera? Or is it Fring/Qik only?

I heard you can, but I'm not sure why you would as it is only a VGA camera.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Only to send a quick shot to my kids. Much easier if I can see my actual face.

If it's anything like the EVO's camera, it wont be useful for much besides webcam video and acting as a neo-ghetto mirror. The rear cam with autofocus and flash is just soooooo much better for stills (and video, and frankly everything.)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Indeed. There is no doubt you are correct there. For the sake of avoiding arguement, lets just say you want to use the front camera to send a pic to your kids and make sure your face is centered...

Is that possible?

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-El View Post
    Indeed. There is no doubt you are correct there. For the sake of avoiding arguement, lets just say you want to use the front camera to send a pic to your kids and make sure your face is centered...

Is that possible?
    When you open the Camera app, the option in the top left corner says single shot. Press that and there are several choices available. One is self shot which uses the front facing camera.
    Thanked by:

It's also handy for letting people take self-portraits to use as your contacts picture.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by aggreyj View Post
    When you open the Camera app, the option in the top left corner says single shot. Press that and there are several choices available. One is self shot which uses the front facing camera.
    Yay!!! yep, the camera sucks, but my kids don't know the difference.

Yes you can take pictures with the front-facing camera. As many have mentioned, it is only VGA, so it won't be the best picture quality. But if you just wonna snap a quick pic with a friend so you can make it your Facebook picture or something, you absolutely can.

One thing I do want to know is, can you take VIDEO'S with the front camera??
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Not that I can see. I have tried every way I can think of. Only works with Fring/Qik thus far....

I just recently got my Epic and I tried using the Front facing camera to snap a picture of myself but the screen stays black and when I hit the snapshot button to take the picture what shows as the picture is a green box? Is there a way to fix this?

I had a similar issue after I dropped the phone. Front Facing Camera no longer worked (along with the notification LED). Took it into Sprint store - they replaced the top portion of the phone (screen) for $35.

But I just got my phone 2 days ago, am I going to have to get it replaced since the front facing camera isn't working? or is there a fix I can do?