Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm7

Default led notification colors

Idk if this has been posted already but the notificationlight is not only red. If you're charging your phone once its fully charges it changes to blue. I also noticed that while the phone was still plugged in but fully charge with the blue light, everytime I got a notification it would flash a light purple.
    So to recount:
    Red
    Blue
    Purple
    Last edited by aim1126; 08-31-2010 at 02:46 PM.

yay!! This is far more exciting news than it should be...I'm sincerely thrilled :-)

I'm really digging the non-green/orange vibe from the new Samsung lines. I have the Hero right now, and it (along with all other HTC Sense devices) have green everything, including LED notification flashing and app highlights. I really like how the Epic is blue when highlighting apps, and also the blue LED.

^^^

Me too!

Thanks for the update!

Good to know...thanks!

late,
    Coz
    "I don't want to spend my life explaining myself. Either you get it or you don't." Frank Zappa

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

mine just turn metallic pea green.
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

is there anyway to adjust the notification light based on the notification? that is, if someone sends me a text it blinks green, if it's an email it blinks red, etc. or perhaps multiple blinks on longer light blinks for the different notifications?

one nice thing about my pre was that if someone sent me a text is was a long slow flash of the LED but if it was anything else (missed call, email, etc.) it would blink shorter lengths and more rapid.

Has anyone tried the app Blink with this phone? Coming from the BlackBerry and BerryBuzz I'd really like to have a visual notification of things that have arrived on my phone

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    is there anyway to adjust the notification light based on the notification? that is, if someone sends me a text it blinks green, if it's an email it blinks red, etc. or perhaps multiple blinks on longer light blinks for the different notifications?

one nice thing about my pre was that if someone sent me a text is was a long slow flash of the LED but if it was anything else (missed call, email, etc.) it would blink shorter lengths and more rapid.
    I agree with you on both counts... I would love it if I could get different colors for different types of notifications, and I really liked the Pre's different LED flash types for the different notifications...

built in, there's only to use it or to turn it off (THANK YOU SAMSUNG!) for those of us that hate this.

I do wish for those of you that like this - there was a few settings, but from what I see- it's just on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
    I agree with you on both counts... I would love it if I could get different colors for different types of notifications, and I really liked the Pre's different LED flash types for the different notifications...
    I think you can. I am using Handcent and I can choose between blue, green, red, orange, magenta, cyan and custom. I can also change the LED flash frequency.

Even though Handcent has those options, have you tried each color out to see if the phone can do them? My phone has the same Handcent options, but I don't have blue. If someone could check that would be awesome.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrmitchell72 View Post
    I think you can. I am using Handcent and I can choose between blue, green, red, orange, magenta, cyan and custom. I can also change the LED flash frequency.
    Do you mean Handcent SMS? Does it work well? A lot of the comments mention freeze-ups and crashes.

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Re: led notification colors

I have handsent and I haven't had any issues with crashing or hang ups. I like it a lot.

That said, despite having the options for multiple led notification colors, I haven't been able to get it to utilize any colors other than red. Is it possible to change that? Because I'd love to know ...blue led notifications on texts would be great

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I just downloaded Handcent and going to give it a shot. But it doesn't look like it does everything I'm looking for.

-I want the notification light to blink a different color for every type of notification (if possible). So if it's a text it blinks red, missed call blinks green, email blinks blue, etc. If that's not possible how about a long blink for a text, 2 quick blinks for missed call, 3 quick blinks for email, etc.
    -Also would like the LED indicator to blink when the phone is charging. Right now the light stays red and turns blue when it's finished charging. The charging of the light overrides the notification LED which I do not like. I'd like it to blink when a notification comes in.

There are SO many apps with android compared to webOS it's hard to sift through the garbage and what's quality. Seems like Palm has a better approval process to keep quality control high.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    I just downloaded Handcent and going to give it a shot. But it doesn't look like it does everything I'm looking for.

-I want the notification light to blink a different color for every type of notification (if possible). So if it's a text it blinks red, missed call blinks green, email blinks blue, etc. If that's not possible how about a long blink for a text, 2 quick blinks for missed call, 3 quick blinks for email, etc.
    -Also would like the LED indicator to blink when the phone is charging. Right now the light stays red and turns blue when it's finished charging. The charging of the light overrides the notification LED which I do not like. I'd like it to blink when a notification comes in.

There are SO many apps with android compared to webOS it's hard to sift through the garbage and what's quality. Seems like Palm has a better approval process to keep quality control high.
    Plus the patches (and community that developed / brought them to us) were AWESOME on the Pre! Weird having to go through multiple bandaids to fix / add to the experience of the phone, but hey, they worked!

I've been using Handcent for a few weeks and love it. It does allow you to setup unique notifications per contact, and also allows you to customize sms views per contact.

For example, for my incoming Twitter messages, it have it set with a smaller font, no contact photo, and just a single vibrate, since I get so many messages. Being able to customize the look and feel per contact is a great feature. The LED options are also in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    I have handsent and I haven't had any issues with crashing or hang ups. I like it a lot.

That said, despite having the options for multiple led notification colors, I haven't been able to get it to utilize any colors other than red. Is it possible to change that? Because I'd love to know ...blue led notifications on texts would be great

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    You know, I haven't even looked at the LED to see if it is the right color.

I just tried it and it looks like the options are there, but do not work. I still have only the red LED. Sorry!

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
    The LED options are also in there as well.
    But do they actually work the way you want them to? Like different colors for different types of notifications? I haven't seen / heard of any confirmation of them being able to do this...

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

Is there a way to force the LED on or test it out somehow? I've been installing and testing various email apps and somewhere along the line the LED is no longer working at all. I've uninstalled the email apps I was testing, turned off the LED in settings, restarted, turned it back on... etc.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

Nevermind the above... taking the battery out for a bit solved the issue. Only leaving the post in case someone else runs into it.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by aim1126 View Post
    Idk if this has been posted already but the notificationlight is not only red. If you're charging your phone once its fully charges it changes to blue. I also noticed that while the phone was still plugged in but fully charge with the blue light, everytime I got a notification it would flash a light purple.
    So to recount:
    Red
    Blue
    Purple
    Duh! Red+Blue= Purple
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
    But do they actually work the way you want them to? Like different colors for different types of notifications? I haven't seen / heard of any confirmation of them being able to do this...
    I can confirm this doesn't work for Handcent.

I have noticed my light doesn't continue to blink if I have unread mail. Anyone else?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast