Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the Epic missing a voice recorder??

I just got my Epic a few hours ago, and my girlfriend noticed that there seems to be no stock Voice Recorder application. Unfortunately thats something that very important because she records her nursing lectures.

Am I missing it, or is there not one there. Also, if it is missing one, is there one in the market that works well, and that will work on the Epic?

Wow that's weird. Every other Galaxy S device had a voice recorder app. I have the Captivate with ATT and it has the voice recorder app right there in the app menu screen. Since all those phones are running the same system i would think it would be there. According to ZDnet its built in...

Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) Review | ZDNet

That's interesting, I know my Moment had a sound recorder apk in the /system/app/ directory that never showed up in the launcher.

You can easily find a sound recording app on the Market anyway.

Both these phones are on Sprint. Maybe Sprint didn't want the stock Android sound recorder to be available for people.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Hit the market and get a brand spanking new app for your brand spankin' new Epic.