Epic Premier woes

sarumont

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in here on my Premier issue. I went to the Sprint store today to see if they
could fix what seems to be a short in the headset detection on my Pre. I knew it would be more
expensive than it's worth, so it was really just a guise to get an Epic. ;)

I digress...after I got my Pre last July (using Premier upgrade), we finally moved my wife from her
mother's plan to mine. According to the friendly, blue-shirted rep. at my Sprint store today, this
made her line the 'primary line' on the account.

The rep. made my line the primary line today, but she said it will not take effect until the next billing period (21 Sep.).

I guess it is too little, too late if anyone else is in this boat wanting to upgrade. I'm going to see if I can get any quicker resolution via customer service (if I can get a rep. on chat...).

Cheers!

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in here on my Premier issue. I went to the Sprint store today to see if they
could fix what seems to be a short in the headset detection on my Pre. I knew it would be more

I digress...after I got my Pre last July (using Premier upgrade), we finally moved my wife from her
mother's plan to mine. According to the friendly, blue-shirted rep. at my Sprint store today, this

The rep. made my line the primary line today, but she said it will not take effect until the next billing period (21 Sep.).

I guess it is too little, too late if anyone else is in this boat wanting to upgrade. I'm going to see if I can get any quicker resolution via customer service (if I can get a rep. on chat...).

Cheers!

Good luck with that! My contract is up for renewal tomorrow (Sept 1st) and they wouldn't let me get the discount on the Epic today. I called CS and they said for Premier upgrades they don't cut any slack since a one year upgrade with full discount is a unique and pretty generous offer. If you're on a 2 year upgrade track you can get a new phone 2 weeks before your anniversary date. Hopefully they'll be some around tomorrow =).

sarumont

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah..can't get in on chat (doubtful I'll be able to in the next 11 minutes), so I just shot CS an e-mail via the web. Hopefully they can take care of it quickly. It's all digital, after all - it should be an instantaneous change. Here's hoping!

aimzmarie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with that! My contract is up for renewal tomorrow (Sept 1st) and they wouldn't let me get the discount on the Epic today. I called CS and they said for Premier upgrades they don't cut any slack since a one year upgrade with full discount is a unique and pretty generous offer. If you're on a 2 year upgrade track you can get a new phone 2 weeks before your anniversary date. Hopefully they'll be some around tomorrow =).

In January I got my upgrade 2 weeks ahead of time....even before the new year. I was due for an upgrade something like January 12 and I upgraded in store (but billed to my account) on Dec 29. I received my phone on Dec 30 (bc they have to overnight it if you bll to acct).

I don't know if they aren't being as easy about it since its the epic, but i would go IN store and try and find a csr who is persistent enough. they will ask their managers to get approval...if they want the sale they will make the effort.

adjmcloon#IM

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I called last week to check the primary line, and had them make a note that it was incorrect. The rep went ahead and upgraded me after 1 year today. You guys might try to get them note the account, and go in in a couple of days and try again.

om3ga1582

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I think it just depends....or they messed up my account, which was good for me. I moved from T-mobile to Sprint last September towards the end of the month for the Pre. It was for a 2 year contract, but I was able to upgrade yesterday. My account online has actually said I've been eligable to upgrade for the last 2 months. Was originally going to get the EVO but decided to wait on the Epic instead.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
You probably should have upgraded the primary line at The Shack or Best Buy then fixed the phone assignment later via ESN swap. Not sure if that option is still available to you now that you've requested a primary line switch.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue w/the upgrade. When I spoke to the rep, she mentioned that, when you call in to make changes to the plan, it depends on which line the rep goes into first. That line then becomes the "Primary line." So when you make changes to your account, make sure you give them your number (primary line) first.

I wanted a new phone, so I switched the primary line from my husbands' line back in May to mine & now, I plan to pick up my Epic from Best Buy today. :D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You could pick up your device today if you pre-ordered it (free) from Sprint. You could still have 6 hours and 15 minutes on the east coast. If you didn't pre-order through sprint. Show up after 6, maybe someone was crazy and didn't pick theirs up.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Cheers!

Call customer support and explain that the phone is on its last leg and you would really appreciate the early upgrade. If not, just go to a RadioShack store or BestBuy store and let them know. They can try to do the upgrade over the phone and they might cut them some slack. I took this route and it worked for me!

sarumont

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You probably should have upgraded the primary line at The Shack or Best Buy then fixed the phone assignment later via ESN swap. Not sure if that option is still available to you now that you've requested a primary line switch.

That line unfortunately wasn't available for upgrade until Nov. 1.

Call customer support and explain that the phone is on its last leg and you would really appreciate the early upgrade. If not, just go to a RadioShack store or BestBuy store and let them know. They can try to do the upgrade over the phone and they might cut them some slack. I took this route and it worked for me!

This is the route I'm going - we'll see if Sprint CS comes through or if I have to go to a Shack.

Glad to hear others have had luck with similar issues. Hopefully I'll be Epicly-enhanced soon enough. :)

sarumont

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I went 0/3 today with Sprint Corporate CS - e-mail, chat, phone gave me the same BS. I stopped by a Sprint retailer (not corporate store) this afternoon before hitting up the Shack, and the rep there called their CS line and pled my case. I'm now the proud owner of an Epic. :)

The CS rep. confirmed to him that the act of switching from a single plan to a family plan screws up the primary line. The in-store reps aren't notified of this, so if you have to switch your plan in the future, beware. ;)