Epic Photo Rotation Problem

showmrock

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Problem: Vertical photos taken with the Epic that are uploaded to services like twitter appear horizontal/sideways. The only solution I've found I to resave it using photoshop express and it corrects the orientation so that it can be uploaded the way it was shot....vertical! I really hope that sprint releases a fix for this soon!

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When you view these vertical photos in the phone's gallery, is it shown upright?

Also, when you attach the phone as a USB drive, and browse to the picture from Windows, does the photo show up as vertical or sideways?

I'm trying to confirm whether the orientation info from the accelorometer is being written to the photo's EXIF.

showmrock

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes its shown upright just how I shot it. Only when I share to twitter or picasa do you see that the pictures are turned horizontal after being shot vertical. Pretty concerned by this considering I use twitter a lot

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
What about Facebook?

I wonder if the twitter or picasa app is stripping out the EXIF. After upload to picasa, can you view the photo's EXIF in the picasa gallery? does it indicate orientation?

showmrock

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure...i haven't examined it that closely but I thought I would bring this to peoples attention. I don't have a facebook and only checked twitter and picasa briefly. When I resave an image using photoshop express it posts correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678