Epic, best piece of hardware

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've held in my hand since I hit puberty.

Hi all. Started lurking here when the Epic was announced and picked one up at BB yesterday. First Android and first Sprint phone. Coming from an iPhone 3Gs.

I'm blown away by this phone in every respect. Screen, keyboard, customization etc. One early problem appears to be the battery. It had no juice at all out of the box. I charged it to full in about 2 hours and set up my Exchange mail and POP3 mail. When I left work at 6pm it was about 90%. I made one call on the way home and just played with some settings after dinner. By 9pm it was completely dead.

I suspect 3 possibilities:

1. The Exchange connection is causing the drain(happend on my iPhone before they released a patch)
2. defective battery
3. I noticed the signal strength fluctuating quite a bit at home so maybe that's causing the rapid drain?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.s What a great forum compared to the whiners over at the Torch forum on Crackberry.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I would give the battery a few cycles. I was actually surprised how long mine lasted out of the box. Got the phone at 9am, played with it non-stop til 1pm before I got the notification to plug it in. Normally, that would be aweful, but it was just on the initial charge they give you, not a full battery. Not sure why yours was dead from the word "Go" but it shouldn't have been. If you still notice the issue, I would see if you could swap out the battery at BB.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised it was dead out of the box. I bought my Epic with a buddy at the same time and his was 50% out of the box. He connects to the same Exchange server and isn't having a battery issue. Hopefully it's as simple as a swap out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21