how do you remove nascar?

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is probably easy but I haven't figured it out yet, so don't give me too much crap. :eek: How can I get rid of NASCAR from the apps list. I seem to only be able to remove the ones I installed.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, Sprint. Let no device be spared from the ever-present NASCAR app. I think removing the NASCAR app was one of the first tweaks I did on my Pre.

You'll need root to get rid of it, unfortunately.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
what gave sprint the idea that nascar culture is universal enough to be appreciated by a significant part of their customer base.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay. Now I have my 1st complaint about the Epic. Thanks.

You'd have that complaint with ANY sprint phone. The Evo, Hero, Moment all need root as well to remove this app. Last time I had a Pre, you couldn't remove it then either, just hide it so it wasn't visible.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
what gave sprint the idea that nascar culture is universal enough to be appreciated by a significant part of their customer base.
I have no idea. I've never even fired up the NASCAR app. What does it even do?

I'm too lazy to unhide it and see for myself. :)
Last time I had a Pre, you couldn't remove it then either, just hide it so it wasn't visible.
You can remove it on the Pre (via the rm command), but what's the point? It's not an irritation once you hide it, and the patch to hide it is a 1-liner. :)

Last edited:

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. I feel like there aren't very many hillbillies running around with high-end smartphones, but I have no data to base this conclusion off of.

eh.. have you seen the hardcore nascar fans who RV camp at the racetrack? Think they can't afford a $200 phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084