Epic Wallpaper size

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
On My pre I cropped images and made a lot of my own custom wallpapers.

What is the correct size for wallpapers on the Epic? My palm was 320x480

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried to make one last night, I made it the correct size, but when I went in my phone to make it a wallpaper it would only let me select a small portion of the picture to set as my background. I made K-State one that said K-State on top, had a powercat in the middle, then said Wildcats underneath it. The portion that it would let me use was jut a little smaller than the powercat logo, so my background was just a gigantic, really zoomed in, powercat with cut off edges.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I want want that is completely black to take advantage of the battery savings. From what I read, Super Amoled uses no energy to produce black.

Last edited:

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured out how to do this. I made the resolution 600x450 and put the image on that. I have a program downloaded called Mabilo Wallpapers. I put the image from my pictures folder on my computer and moved it to the mabilo/favorites folder on my phone. Then I went into the program, pulled up the image and selected "set as wallpaper." My wallpaper fits the screen pretty close to perfectly.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured out how to do this. I made the resolution 600x450 and put the image on that. I have a program downloaded called Mabilo Wallpapers. I put the image from my pictures folder on my computer and moved it to the mabilo/favorites folder on my phone. Then I went into the program, pulled up the image and selected "set as wallpaper." My wallpaper fits the screen pretty close to perfectly.

Alright, this post makes me look like an idiot. 960x800 is correct. I wasn't aware how the sizing tool worked when setting wallpapers. Thanks for the help. We should get a sticky "wallpaper request" thread going, also.

stomperxj

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
when you go to select a pic from your gallery for a wallpaper it shows a selection "square".... if you grab the edge of the square you can drag it to select more area. I made some wallpapers too and thought it was weird you could only select a small portion of it even when it was the right resolution...

Grab the edge of the selection square ;)

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
when you go to select a pic from your gallery for a wallpaper it shows a selection "square".... if you grab the edge of the square you can drag it to select more area. I made some wallpapers too and thought it was weird you could only select a small portion of it even when it was the right resolution...

Grab the edge of the selection square ;)

Yeah, I was trying to pinch-zoom and one time one of my fingers was on the side of the square and it zoomed out. I felt like a dumba**. I like how the screen scrolls as you switch pages, but it's harder to make a cool background. . .

walterm3

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I re-sized a picture several times trying to find the maximum wallpaper size. Without having to clip the image, the size I came up with is: 900x750. I had previously contacted Samsung support and they told me 800x480 which does not work.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I re-sized a picture several times trying to find the maximum wallpaper size. Without having to clip the image, the size I came up with is: 900x750. I had previously contacted Samsung support and they told me 800x480 which does not work.
The default wallpaper size is 960 x 800 for the Epic 4g in all the OS's to date. That is the proper size so when you scroll from homescreen to homescreen with the TWLauncher the image will still display on all homescreens.