Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Default Epic Wallpaper size

On My pre I cropped images and made a lot of my own custom wallpapers.

What is the correct size for wallpapers on the Epic? My palm was 320x480
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

anyone?
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

480x800 is the screen resolution size
    Thanked by:

I tried to make one last night, I made it the correct size, but when I went in my phone to make it a wallpaper it would only let me select a small portion of the picture to set as my background. I made K-State one that said K-State on top, had a powercat in the middle, then said Wildcats underneath it. The portion that it would let me use was jut a little smaller than the powercat logo, so my background was just a gigantic, really zoomed in, powercat with cut off edges.

I have the same issue.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The correct resolution for the Epic is 960x800.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I want want that is completely black to take advantage of the battery savings. From what I read, Super Amoled uses no energy to produce black.
    Last edited by duratime; 09-01-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justkeptfading View Post
    I have the same issue.
    Cause my background that I made was pretty sweet, I mean, it was simple, but it was dynamic. Looked really good. And now I can't get it to work. . .

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

indeed, it is 900x800.

It is supposed to cover all 6 of the screens.

I think I figured out how to do this. I made the resolution 600x450 and put the image on that. I have a program downloaded called Mabilo Wallpapers. I put the image from my pictures folder on my computer and moved it to the mabilo/favorites folder on my phone. Then I went into the program, pulled up the image and selected "set as wallpaper." My wallpaper fits the screen pretty close to perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by rundown87 View Post
    I think I figured out how to do this. I made the resolution 600x450 and put the image on that. I have a program downloaded called Mabilo Wallpapers. I put the image from my pictures folder on my computer and moved it to the mabilo/favorites folder on my phone. Then I went into the program, pulled up the image and selected "set as wallpaper." My wallpaper fits the screen pretty close to perfectly.
    Alright, this post makes me look like an *****. 960x800 is correct. I wasn't aware how the sizing tool worked when setting wallpapers. Thanks for the help. We should get a sticky "wallpaper request" thread going, also.

when you go to select a pic from your gallery for a wallpaper it shows a selection "square".... if you grab the edge of the square you can drag it to select more area. I made some wallpapers too and thought it was weird you could only select a small portion of it even when it was the right resolution...

Grab the edge of the selection square

Quote Originally Posted by stomperxj View Post
    when you go to select a pic from your gallery for a wallpaper it shows a selection "square".... if you grab the edge of the square you can drag it to select more area. I made some wallpapers too and thought it was weird you could only select a small portion of it even when it was the right resolution...

Grab the edge of the selection square
    Yeah, I was trying to pinch-zoom and one time one of my fingers was on the side of the square and it zoomed out. I felt like a dumba**. I like how the screen scrolls as you switch pages, but it's harder to make a cool background. . .

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    SRF1.2/TwilightZone 1.1.1

great thread

does anybody know what the resolution of Epic wallpapers are?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    SyndicateROM

Download "wallpaper set & save" from the market...use this to set your wallpaper...

Smile Re: Epic Wallpaper size

I re-sized a picture several times trying to find the maximum wallpaper size. Without having to clip the image, the size I came up with is: 900x750. I had previously contacted Samsung support and they told me 800x480 which does not work.

Default Re: Epic Wallpaper size

Quote Originally Posted by walterm3 View Post
    I re-sized a picture several times trying to find the maximum wallpaper size. Without having to clip the image, the size I came up with is: 900x750. I had previously contacted Samsung support and they told me 800x480 which does not work.
    The default wallpaper size is 960 x 800 for the Epic 4g in all the OS's to date. That is the proper size so when you scroll from homescreen to homescreen with the TWLauncher the image will still display on all homescreens.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.