Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    warm2.2 rls4 stock htc#17

Default how long has your battery lasted F-E

i currently own a evo and its battery life is horrendous 6.5 hours tops(heavy use). Im considering switching to the epic just wondering if battery life is any better on the epic.

I don't think it's any better, since I just got the phone (obviously) I've been using it A BUNCH and I didn't let it hit empty, but it's been going down pretty quickly.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I went from 100% to 5% today after first full charge since getting it yesteday overnight in 6.5 hours (used a constantly connected irc session to 2 servers with androidirc, meebo connections with aim/msn/yahoo and some moderate browsing all over 3g - hey, I do also have *some* work that has to get done). It's recharging now, hopefully the battery needs to get beaten and I'll be able to squeeze eight hours of it - otherwise hello seido we need to talk soon

This is my biggest concern. Yes, it's a nice looking phone but people's usage patterns vary *so* much that there's really no way to know how long a charge will last *me* until I get it. Well, that and the lack of 4g coverage in my area (but even that isn't as annoying as battery issues.)

i had the Evo for the full 30 days. I can say that day 1 the epic is much improved. where i notice battery saving is on stand by. the evo would be battery draining just sitting there with the screen off. stand by is where you have the most gains. the screen still sucks up the most power but overall its improved.

personally, its much better than the evo i got through the day with 50% left and with moderate-heavy use
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by rundown87 View Post
    I don't think it's any better, since I just got the phone (obviously) I've been using it A BUNCH and I didn't let it hit empty, but it's been going down pretty quickly.
    You need to cycle the battery for at least a week for battery life to get better. Try bump-charging too.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    I went from 100% to 5% today after first full charge since getting it yesteday overnight in 6.5 hours (used a constantly connected irc session to 2 servers with androidirc, meebo connections with aim/msn/yahoo and some moderate browsing all over 3g - hey, I do also have *some* work that has to get done). It's recharging now, hopefully the battery needs to get beaten and I'll be able to squeeze eight hours of it - otherwise hello seido we need to talk soon
    Wanna come with me? We can go talk to Seidio together.

Honestly, though, I'm not having to many problems, so it's all good. This phone really sealed up the flaws that kept me from LOVING the EVO. SNES emu+Epic 4g=GOD

ROM
    Stock

So far, so good. Currently at 55%

I'm definitely having battery issues. It came out of the box with no power. Charged it to full using the wall charger. With light use it died within 4 hours. Charged it again today and again with light use it died within 4 hours. It was even connected to a PC and charging for over an hour. Once I disconnected it the battery warning light came on. I think I need to get a new battery.

ROM
    Stock

Yeah something is definitely wrong with yours
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    I'm definitely having battery issues. It came out of the box with no power. Charged it to full using the wall charger. With light use it died within 4 hours. Charged it again today and again with light use it died within 4 hours. It was even connected to a PC and charging for over an hour. Once I disconnected it the battery warning light came on. I think I need to get a new battery.
    Best part about the Epic? Battery defective? Take it in to the Apple Store for an 80 dollar replacement...or NOT! Swap it and you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by caliskimmer View Post
    Best part about the Epic? Battery defective? Take it in to the Apple Store for an 80 dollar replacement...or NOT! Swap it and you're good.
    I bought it at BB. Will they just swap the battery or do I need to return the phone for a new one?
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    I bought it at BB. Will they just swap the battery or do I need to return the phone for a new one?
    They might do a battery swap, but they will most likely just replace your phone if you tell them that something is defective.

Phone off the cradle @ 6:30am. Used it for Nav to work, about 1/2 hr drive. At work dl'd some apps and played with them. Enabled Wifi @ work and played some more. Browsing, and dl some more apps.. Rcvd txt msgs and sent a few. Left work @ 1:30p, and used GPs to get me home, another 1/2 hr drive. @ home, checked email and played with configuration. Idle from 2:30p to 3:00p as I cut the grass. Checked txt msgs til 4. Drank a few beers with neighbor till 5. Plugged it into the dock @ 5:30p to start charging. Had a warning just before that the battery was low.

So what is your avg time with the battery on the Epic4G? My Evo has a 2day usage with a Seido 3500 Battery, wanted to pick this up for the girlfriend but she uses her Hero pretty heavy i think she'd kill my Evo if i ever let her touch it within a day.
    NSS

Quote Originally Posted by caliskimmer View Post
    You need to cycle the battery for at least a week for battery life to get better. Try bump-charging too.
    Can you explain more about these two?

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

My wife is having the same issues...she didn't make it 4 hours this morning with her Epic. Be sure to uncheck automatically sign in on google talk...it is checked my default and a huge battery killer.

With WiFi off the most I ever got was about 4 hours

I also keep off gps, hot spot and a bunch of apps as well
    Are there better bAtteries one can buy ?

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: how long has your battery lasted F-E

Took it off the charger a around 730, battery still has a bit left in it at 6, but I am recharging it right now.

Pretty decent considering that this is reasonably heavy first day use. If I can get 10+ hours with moderate use on a regular basis, I will be happy. I just wish it recharged as fast as my pre.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Made it through the day. Used it a bit more hard core towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by criffaaa1 View Post
    i currently own a evo and its battery life is horrendous 6.5 hours tops(heavy use). Im considering switching to the epic just wondering if battery life is any better on the epic.
    You either have a rogue app or your never put your phone down to only get 6.5 hrs.

I wouldn't say it's horrendous at all..

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: how long has your battery lasted F-E

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    You either have a rogue app or your never put your phone down to only get 6.5 hrs.

I wouldn't say it's horrendous at all..
    With display numbers that low, it is obvious tha you never turn your phone on.

What's the point of a 4.3" display if you are always afraid of usng it?

Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    With display numbers that low, it is obvious tha you never turn your phone on.

What's the point of a 4.3" display if you are always afraid of usng it?

LOL are you serious? The display % is so low because the brightness isn't all the way the hell up. Also the timeout is set to 15 seconds. Also it doesn't have a screen that takes ****loads of power. That % isn't a % of how long it's been on, it's a % of how much battery power it's taken...
    Afraid to use the phone? The one that showed 17hrs with 10% left, I got to 18 1/2 hrs. The Up time was 18 1/2 hrs with awake time of 6 hrs. 6 hrs of using a phone in one day is hardly "being afraid" of using the phone... Even on days where I would get 8 or so hrs, the display % was NEVER more than 10%. Do yourself a favor, don't pretend to know what you're talking about

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

i got 14 + hours yesterday. my voice calls was at 42%. i played around with it in the morning for about an hour then went to work. when i got home my wife and i played with the phone for a couple hours, downloading apps, playing games, and just checking out the phone in general. i gotta say, i'm impressed with how long the phone lasted. this was on a full charge.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast