Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mass text messaging

on my blackberry i would make a group of people i need to text but cant seem to be able to add people to groups on the epic i create a group but cant add anyone to it.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

You can't using the native app, but you can using a 3rd party text messaging app called Handcent. Chomp SMS can do this too, but I prefer Handcent personally.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

so is there anyone way to save the list of people you would send a batch text so its easily reach?

You could put all of their names on a text like you're going to send it to them, then copy the list, put it in a text and send it to yourself. That way when you want to do it you could just pull up the text, copy the names, and paste into the "To:" portion of the text message. That's just the best way I can think of to do it without a 3rd party app.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you this might be the only flaw i see with this cause even with the handscent it dont seem to work as great wish i understood what groups setting is in the contacts, hopefully and update would fix this.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I could of sworn Handcent allowed you to create groups, but I must have been thinking of the batch mode feature. Sorry about that.

There's a bunch of contact group apps in the market you might want to check out. One of them, GroupU claims to integrate perfectly with the default contacts app, and makes it easy to send SMS's to groups.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

thank you ill go look into it cause I actually need it to do my job.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Hey cory do you know any app that makes gmail close to what its like on a blackberry cause the whole bunching all the messages make it hard for me to keep with it on android

I'll have to give Handcent a try. I hope it works with GoogleVoice.
    Lately I've just saved everyone's text account as an email, and I "text" my group that way. It means I also have their replies in email which is a handy way to save texts, but it's a pain having additional email addresses for everyone...

I need to do the exact same thing. I saw that the phone pulled my Google groups in, but when I try to send a message to the group, I have to check off each person! Is there anyway to select all?

Has anyone tried a program called Clix?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

you can only select up to 10 which did not help me when i need at least 25 groupu seems good tho havent fully set it up
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rderosier86 View Post
    Hey cory do you know any app that makes gmail close to what its like on a blackberry cause the whole bunching all the messages make it hard for me to keep with it on android
    Unfortunately I don't think it can be done. It's the same way in Froyo BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rderosier86 View Post
    you can only select up to 10 which did not help me when i need at least 25 groupu seems good tho havent fully set it up
    Cool let us know how you like it. I'm trying Groupy. Clix doesn't seem to work.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I also require the functionality of sending mass texts to 20-25 people. And being able to save these groups for future use is crucial too. If anybody finds an app for this, I'd be very interested in knowing. I had a great one for my Pre (Supercontacts).
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

groups you works great only thing is you have to make sure the number you need to text is saved under mobile cause it dont give you a choice to choose which number to text once you add someone with multiple numbers

Thanks I'll give that a try. I tried Groupy earlier and it worked, but when I tried to send another one out it didn't, which was odd.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

that is odd i only did one mass text also so hopefully its not common for it to fail.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

anyone find something better?