Epic Photography

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Cool! the first one looks great! MUCH MUCH Better than the crap comng out of the EVO.

Are there any cool polaroid app for the android like ShakeIt on the ipHone?

I'm playing with FXCamera now. It seems to do some of those things. What I REALLY need to find is a good editing app. Like Photoshop...

savior1974

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Used Vignette on my 2.2 Evo with Fresh 3.1.0.2 and I thought it made a huge difference in the picture quality. I think it made it pretty close to comparable with the Epic. But then I used Vignette on my Epic...

And the gap was widened again. The Evo's camera sensor really doesn't compare to the on in the Epic. And let's not even talk about the video quality...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Used Vignette on my 2.2 Evo with Fresh 3.1.0.2 and I thought it made a huge difference in the picture quality. I think it made it pretty close to comparable with the Epic. But then I used Vignette on my Epic...

And the gap was widened again. The Evo's camera sensor really doesn't compare to the on in the Epic. And let's not even talk about the video quality...

Thanks for answering my question up there somewhere in the thread. EVO+vignette= better than stock Epic, but what about Epic+vignette? Well, looks like we've got an answer.

Reactions: lunlun#AC

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that link.. I do see the difference. However, the difference I see can not be explained by JPEG compression alone. It looks like Vignetting is using a smaller aperture because I see entirely different flare pattern.

It wouldn't also surprise me if Vignette applies a stronger sharpening effect than the stock camera app.

I would need to see 100% to make my assessment.

Plus the fact that Vignette has miles more options then the stock for making things look better.

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
WOW!!!!!!!!
That is insane... I knew the Epic took good pictures, but some of these sample pictures are straight up amazing. Almost like my friend's Nikon D60 camera.

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
WOW!!!!!!!!
That is insane... I knew the Epic took good pictures, but some of these sample pictures are straight up amazing. Almost like my friend's Nikon D60 camera.

LOL Thanks.
The camera is solid for a Point and Shoot. To be honest, pretty much ANY camera these days can pull off a decent shot in good light (all of my pics posted).

Fine detail and low light are TOTALLY different situations though. Compared to my 7D it's not even close, but that's also a COMPLETELY unfair comparison LOL...

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting.

So it seems to handle contrast better. Color is a little different too. I wonder if it really is doing anything different with the camera's raw output, if it's controlling the camera settings differently, or if it's just a post filter...

I'll have to play with it when I get home.

Watch out. It's a paid app, so when you are done (if you don't want to keep it), make sure to delete within 24 hours. Nothing really seemed different pre-picture taking, except for the GUI. The picture afterwords seemed different, but I'm not sure if it's a post filter or not.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Relax please and stop the personal attacks. Threads like this have been successful in other device's sections and I would hope that it can be here as well.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Back on topic, here's a quick panoramic shot from my Epic earlier today. Hope tapatalk attach works...

sent from my Epic through the cosmos

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Back on topic, here's a quick panoramic shot from my Epic earlier today. Hope tapatalk attach works...

I love the panoramic settings on these devices. They come out really well.

BTW, the Tapatalk attach works but just FYI, I think it only lets you attach one at a time.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually getting tired of the Evo vs Epic stuff, too. Please. If you have an Evo, or want to fight about it, do so in another thread. This is up for pics taken with the Epic.

On that note... here are my submissions:
I couldn't get the puppy to stop moving!
88b20d59.jpg

b3f8417c.jpg

84c7337d.jpg

Ill work on getting better pics.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
neat! what is the size of the picture that it stitches? is this one sized down?

Not sure, I'm at work at no puter here to find out. The panorama with shoot up to eight to make the shot almost a full 180 degrees and I think that was only 5 so it can vary.

Good to know I can attach with tapatalk even if its only one at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol