Epic screen sometimes won't turn on

bigjoe7757

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Any one else have there screen not turn on when the standby button on side is pressed to wake up phone. Even shut off in the middle of typing and would not come back on. I have to press the button like 20 times, the 4 buttons on bottom light each time but noting else. Also the 4 bottom buttons suck, have to push them like 3 times to make them work.

tsutlick

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Epic for a week and it just started doing it today. Took the battery out & reset the unit. Seems to be doing better now, but if it continues I'm definitely taking it back to Best Buy for an exchange!

simple503

Jan 4, 2011
drinkinsalem.com
ive had to emove battery a bunch of times for the same thing, not sure why. but with all of the cool features this thing goes through I don't mind. plus my phone gets rebooted for battery swaps at least twice daily - use my phone ALOT. if there is a fix for this, that;d be nice,

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
ive had to emove battery a bunch of times for the same thing, not sure why. but with all of the cool features this thing goes through I don't mind. plus my phone gets rebooted for battery swaps at least twice daily - use my phone ALOT. if there is a fix for this, that;d be nice,

There is a fix for this... Replace the phone. I put up with the exact same issues for almost 2 months thinking it was a software issue that would be fixed by froyo. After talking with a few kind folks here, I learned that epics are very stable and this isn't normal. I called sprint. after hard reset didn't help. they sent me a replacement.

Now my phone never reboots nor do I ever have to pull the battery. If you like your epic now, you will love it when you get one that isn't defective.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The phone might delay for a second or 2, but seldom does that happen. It, however, has never frozen on me with a blank screen.

simple503

Jan 4, 2011
drinkinsalem.com
There is a fix for this... Replace the phone. I put up with the exact same issues for almost 2 months thinking it was a software issue that would be fixed by froyo. After talking with a few kind folks here, I learned that epics are very stable and this isn't normal. I called sprint. after hard reset didn't help. they sent me a replacement.

Now my phone never reboots nor do I ever have to pull the battery. If you like your epic now, you will love it when you get one that isn't defective.

Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21