Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Epic screen sometimes won't turn on

Any one else have there screen not turn on when the standby button on side is pressed to wake up phone. Even shut off in the middle of typing and would not come back on. I have to press the button like 20 times, the 4 buttons on bottom light each time but noting else. Also the 4 bottom buttons suck, have to push them like 3 times to make them work.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP - Build 36

I've had my Epic for a week and it just started doing it today. Took the battery out & reset the unit. Seems to be doing better now, but if it continues I'm definitely taking it back to Best Buy for an exchange!
    Samsung Galaxy S II - Epic 4G Touch
    - CM9 - alpha 6
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi only)
    - CM10 - Jelly Bean 4.1.1

ROM
    GB

ive had to emove battery a bunch of times for the same thing, not sure why. but with all of the cool features this thing goes through I don't mind. plus my phone gets rebooted for battery swaps at least twice daily - use my phone ALOT. if there is a fix for this, that;d be nice,
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by simple503 View Post
    ive had to emove battery a bunch of times for the same thing, not sure why. but with all of the cool features this thing goes through I don't mind. plus my phone gets rebooted for battery swaps at least twice daily - use my phone ALOT. if there is a fix for this, that;d be nice,
    There is a fix for this... Replace the phone. I put up with the exact same issues for almost 2 months thinking it was a software issue that would be fixed by froyo. After talking with a few kind folks here, I learned that epics are very stable and this isn't normal. I called sprint. after hard reset didn't help. they sent me a replacement.

Now my phone never reboots nor do I ever have to pull the battery. If you like your epic now, you will love it when you get one that isn't defective.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Instead of pulling the battery, hold down all three buttons on the sides of the phones.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Instead of pulling the battery, hold down all three buttons on the sides of the phones.
    Vol up, camera and power, restarts the phone works for me.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

The phone might delay for a second or 2, but seldom does that happen. It, however, has never frozen on me with a blank screen.

ROM
    GB

Quote Originally Posted by keithvetter View Post
    There is a fix for this... Replace the phone. I put up with the exact same issues for almost 2 months thinking it was a software issue that would be fixed by froyo. After talking with a few kind folks here, I learned that epics are very stable and this isn't normal. I called sprint. after hard reset didn't help. they sent me a replacement.

Now my phone never reboots nor do I ever have to pull the battery. If you like your epic now, you will love it when you get one that isn't defective.

Thank you!