Not able to download any apps from the Android Market. Need help!

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I'm not able to download any Apps from the Android Market Catalog. Every time I try to download an application from the Android Market it comes with something that says the "download was unsuccessful" from the pull down notification. Please help me with this anybody.

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue too but found some posts saying to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market and hit Clear Cache.

That worked for me.

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Are you connected to wi-fi? Try downloading it on 3g, and/or 4g and see if it works. If not, try restarting your phone. 9 times out of 10, this solves problems like this.

v7z730ib

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the solution . It works , but it might be a problem for some .

I tried everything I could to get it to work . Nothing worked . Tried restarts , clearing caches , and lastly a hard reset . It worked . For 10 minutes . -_- . So I tried it again . It worked ! For 10 minutes . -_- . So I asked my mom if I could use her Google Acc to try & download appps . I worked ! Huuzzzahhhhh ! So your only option is to make another Google account . I only use her acc for the market , but everything else is mine . Let me know how it works out for ya .

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This helped me

Got this from bcook1000 somewhere else on this forum.

Received this solution on a forum:
1. go to your settings
2. select "applications"
3. then select "manage applications"
4. press menu and select "filter" then "All"
5. scroll down to:
6. "Download Manager" then select "clear data"

Basically, you need to clear the download cache from the download manager. I had the same problem. I was able to download a few apps from the market, but after a while I kept getting the "download unsuccessful". After I saw this tip and was able to clear the cache on the download manager, I was able to download the apps again.

Good Luck

gmdphd

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Got this from bcook1000 somewhere else on this forum.

Received this solution on a forum:
1. go to your settings
2. select "applications"
3. then select "manage applications"
4. press menu and select "filter" then "All"
5. scroll down to:
6. "Download Manager" then select "clear data"

Basically, you need to clear the download cache from the download manager. I had the same problem. I was able to download a few apps from the market, but after a while I kept getting the "download unsuccessful". After I saw this tip and was able to clear the cache on the download manager, I was able to download the apps again.

Good Luck

gmdphd

It worked, thank you so much.