Stop Complaining this phone is GREAT!

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just want to point out a few things...1- stop crying about the capacitive buttons it makes phone sleeker and nicer looking and no future worries about screen buttons breaking, and for the love of GOD u can set th buttons to turn off with the screen. 2- keyboard layout, while nothing is perfect this keyboard is amazing people yet keep referencing the "@" not getting a button and the ":)" being dedicated instead! Who cares at least its their and GOD forbide u have to press 2 instead of 1 keys....I give this keyboard a 9.5/10. 3- youtube "hd" r u serious lmao I starts all videos in the highest quality availible and if u hit menu u can clearly see it says watch in "normal" view meaning its loading hd from jump. - bottom line if u are looking for a solid keyboard phone with EXCELLENT features and display and great service plans choice is easy! But remember we all have an opinion let's respct those and treat them wisely and not bash a phone. Because of our "personal" expectations or what we feel it should have I'm gonna have this phone for awhile now!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just want to point out a few things...1- stop crying about the capacitive buttons it makes phone sleeker and nicer looking and no future worries about screen buttons breaking, and for the love of GOD u can set th buttons to turn off with the screen. 2- keyboard layout, while nothing is perfect this keyboard is amazing people yet keep referencing the "@" not getting a button and the ":)" being dedicated instead! Who cares at least its their and GOD forbide u have to press 2 instead of 1 keys....I give this keyboard a 9.5/10. 3- youtube "hd" r u serious lmao I starts all videos in the highest quality availible and if u hit menu u can clearly see it says watch in "normal" view meaning its loading hd from jump. - bottom line if u are looking for a solid keyboard phone with EXCELLENT features and display and great service plans choice is easy! But remember we all have an opinion let's respct those and treat them wisely and not bash a phone. Because of our "personal" expectations or what we feel it should have I'm gonna have this phone for awhile now!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Preachin to the choir, couldnt agree more.

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
You're absolutely right. I've grown to learn that no phone will ever be perfect, and that there will always be some features tha people hate (and others love). Phones can only get so good, and the Epic is one heck of a phone.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Amen!

And by the way, the reason why its in HD by default for you is because you were watching videos on wifi or 4G, otherwise, on 3G, it defaults to normal view, just like the Evo. The difference is that you have to hit menu, more, watch in HD if you are on 3G.

Netop

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
1- stop crying about the capacitive buttons it makes phone sleeker and nicer looking and no future worries about screen buttons breaking, and for the love of GOD u can set th buttons to turn off with the screen.

Glad I don't have to worry about those buttons breaking. I mean, it's not like they really work anyways.

Empress_4

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree... finally got to hold it today.. though I think hubby is caving and I should have it soon. My *only* beef is the size.. a little big, but I will be able to deal because of all the other cool features!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The size? lol. It doesn't have to be tiny for god sakes It's got a keyboard. The thing is probably a mm thinner than my Blackberry tour was and that wasn't a slide phone.

They keyboard on the Blackberry WAS perfect. I miss it; but, with samsung swype i don't even pay mind to the keyboard.

The only thing I use the keyboard for is user names, passwords, gaming, and some precision stuff; so, it's nice that it's there otherwise that stuff would be a pain in the ***. Honestly if samsung didn't have swype I'd be rocking the keyboard because I hate touch screen "Button" keyboards.

Love this phone.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have the phone- I've been USING it too much to lurk / post here! LOL!

I had no idea people were even complaining that much.

Yeah- I'm bummed about the TW3.0 stripped out options. That being said- I downloaded (purchase the $2.99 version- completely worth it!) launcher pro because the non customizable TW dock was killing me- and WOW Launcher Pro has not only added a lot since month 1 of the Evo when I had it- The Epic runs LPro like a BEAST! Dang it's fast. 3d app tray is a lot easier to use than the side scrolling one- and since Epic in TW doesn't have the customize app tray feature - I see no loss in ditching it.

Epic + Launcher Pro + the app: Home Switcher for easy switching back to TW if you need to is an EPIC WIN.

That coupled with better battery life than I ever had on Evo and no reboots and only 2 force closes (due to poor apps) means this is the high speed rockin android experience I've been looking for.

Oh- and SAMOLED rocks- I can't imagine going back to any other phone I've had previously or have seen on the market.

Unless this thing starts acting up- the only thing I'll be hoping for in approx 18months is an Epic 2 with an improved keyboard (more space between the keys w/ domed keys- heck the keys themselves could be slightly smaller even - as long as there was more space between them.

PS I still have ZERO issue with the capacitive buttons set to 15second timeout. I love how they disappear and really thought these icons on the Evo detracted from the look of the device. Shame the Samsung logo had to be there - would be better to have the Sprint logo on left top and Epic4G on top right and call it a day...

I've never been so in love with a phone.

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The capacitive buttons work fine for me. I hope you guys use your thumbs(which, generally you should be using), that being said, its not perfect with index, but still works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae