Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Stream flash audio support?

Can someone confirm whether or not, since this phone has Adobe Flash-if it will play ALL streaming AUDIO content from sites such as TalkStreamLive - A Dynamic Directory of Internet Radio ? I say all, because some of the stream stations at this site stream in mp3-so I'm looking to verify the .flv/flash audio streams that my current phone (Palm Pre) cannot play (at least not until Flash comes out for it 10 years from now)

Thanks

ROM
    Stock

It does not have adobe flash yet. Its got an older version of flash lite. Its decent, but no where near what you get on a desktop. I'll try the site for you, but until we get 2.2, we won't have official Adobe Flash.

Update: So far, its a miss. none have work. one said incorrect file type. others just take me to another website. Another just says I need Flash Player 9 to work. So its a no go.
    Last edited by Andrew Ruffolo; 09-02-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: Stream flash audio support?

Try using skyfire browser in the meantime.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Try using skyfire browser in the meantime.

Isn't that the default browser on this phone? I thought I read somewhere it was the browser that came with the Epic, if so that's likely what he was using?

Thanks

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: Stream flash audio support?

Quote Originally Posted by daveross View Post
    Isn't that the default browser on this phone? I thought I read somewhere it was the browser that came with the Epic, if so that's likely what he was using?

Thanks
    Nope. It uses the stock browser.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    It does not have adobe flash yet. Its got an older version of flash lite. Its decent, but no where near what you get on a desktop. I'll try the site for you, but until we get 2.2, we won't have official Adobe Flash.

Update: So far, its a miss. none have work. one said incorrect file type. others just take me to another website. Another just says I need Flash Player 9 to work. So its a no go.
    Thanks. Any chance you have or can try the Skyfire Browser that drizek mentions?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by daveross View Post
    Thanks. Any chance you have or can try the Skyfire Browser that drizek mentions?
    No worky :/