Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    EB13 with Genocide v.2a

Default epic slow and stuttering in the morning

When I wake up in the morning my epic is extremely slow and laggy. I have to restart the phone, and then everything is good again?

Anyone have similar issues or can explain/fix this problem?

The Epic has a built in task manager. This can be accessed but holding down the Home button. Click the task manager, and kill all running apps. This will essentially do the same thing as restarting the phone (in terms of what you're trying to accomplish by doing so).

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I was using the Epic built in task manager and it's decent. I would suggest downloading advanced task killer. I found it shows some apps that were not showing up in the built in task manger in touchwiz. Maybe your epic is just hung over?

I would recommend using the Samsung task manager. The reason why its bot showing up is probably because those are core apps that the system needs in order to run correctly, and removing them via a third party task manager could mess up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid85 View Post
    I was using the Epic built in task manager and it's decent. I would suggest downloading advanced task killer. I found it shows some apps that were not showing up in the built in task manger in touchwiz. Maybe your epic is just hung over?
    I agree; did the same thing. I just made sure I didn't kill core apps.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    EB13 with Genocide v.2a

I was using the Advanced Task Manager. I uninstalled it yesterday, and this morning my phone was doing much better.

The phone would be stuttering even after I used the ATM to kill ALL running apps, so I'm guessing it was the ATM?

Is there a way to disable apps autostarting?

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by dvdqnoc View Post
    The Epic has a built in task manager. This can be accessed but holding down the Home button. Click the task manager, and kill all running apps. This will essentially do the same thing as restarting the phone (in terms of what you're trying to accomplish by doing so).
    Sorta. Restarting the phone resets memory and the OS to 'cleaner' state. But yes I believe that the built in task manager should be used by all.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by dmlee View Post
    I was using the Advanced Task Manager. I uninstalled it yesterday, and this morning my phone was doing much better.

The phone would be stuttering even after I used the ATM to kill ALL running apps, so I'm guessing it was the ATM?

Is there a way to disable apps autostarting?
    Advanced task killer can definitely cause issues. As for starting apps I wouldn't worry too much and just load the widget and if the phone ie running sluggish then check what it says is eating the most CPU cycles. This phone has more then enough hardware to load everything it has from default and multitask well on top of that. I have only found a few apps that can temporarily tax the system (flickr uploader) enough to see any sort of minor slow downs. What you saw was probably task manager doing something it shouldn't have.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    EB13 with Genocide v.2a

Cool. I figured as much when the phone seemed fine after the atm uninstall. Thanks for the help.