1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default quick charge

is it not possible to turn off the phone and charge it? I usually do this when i want any of my devices to charge quickly is there an app or something i have to do in the settings to make that happen?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

It's possible. Mine is off right now as I'm charging it. You just hold down the power button until the menu pops up with options. The one at the bottom is to power off the phone. Then plug it in. A battery charging icon pops up that shows you the battery level.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Default Re: quick charge

Yeah, mine charges while it's off too.

Sent from my awesome Epic 4G
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

alright just got it to work guess it was being stupid

Anyone know how long it takes to charge the battery if it's powered off? I know mine takes f o r e v e r if I have it running and charging at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by freeze View Post
    Anyone know how long it takes to charge the battery if it's powered off? I know mine takes f o r e v e r if I have it running and charging at the same time...
    A solid 3 hours.

I must say, I am quite surprised at how long people have been claiming it takes for their Epic to reach full charge. I have the HTC Hero, and it doesnt even take an hour for it to reach full battery from empty...

as long as I can make it from morning til night on a charge (under moderate usage), the amount of time needed to recharge it isn't all that important to me, assuming of course that an overnight charge of say 8-10 hours will do the trick.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freeze View Post
    as long as I can make it from morning til night on a charge (under moderate usage), the amount of time needed to recharge it isn't all that important to me, assuming of course that an overnight charge of say 8-10 hours will do the trick.
    That's what I do. Just plug it in at night when I go to bed. It lasts a full day the next day so no complaints from me.

ROM
    Stock

Anyone who came from an evo or who also have an evo try plugging the epic up to an evo charger and see how long it takes to charge. The Evo charger has a higher output which should charge the phone much faster.
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G