Epic really does movies..umm. EPIC!

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Watching movies on this phone is awesome! The earbuds produce great sound and bass. When you turn on 5.1 channel it handles surround sound very very well. And the screen.. well we already know about the screen. I also love the fact that I dont have to convert my avi. files, it plays them flawlessly. Another thing that I like is that there is a button to stretch the movies to fill the whole screen. To sum it up, its EPIC!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Sound is awesome in the car via aux input. Much better than ipod nano and hero. Used to have to crank it up all the way just to hear it, now I can hear BASS... its amazing!

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why the streaming movies on iphonemoviez doesn't work with Epic? My Evo buddy is rubbing my face in this. They're xvid .mp4 or at least some of them are.

Pretty sad when iphone can play something the epic can't.

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Drag and drop... as far as getting them... Handbrake from a legit DVD that you own.

What are the settings on handbrake that you use I have a standard DVD and try to set the screen width to 800x480 and it defualts back to 720x480. Is this fine and can be adjusted when playing the movie on the Epic?

barakisbrown

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Movie quality and sound quality is actually pretty good compared to my hero. Forgot to check it on evo before my main board went..do not know how though..:(

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
What are the settings on handbrake that you use I have a standard DVD and try to set the screen width to 800x480 and it defualts back to 720x480. Is this fine and can be adjusted when playing the movie on the Epic?

I haven't done it yet for the Epic, sorry. I've done it for the Hero. In handbrake, make sure iPod 5G Nano is unchecked.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I need my freaking Schiit Valhalla amp to drive my Senn HD 800s, but then I'm hoping I can get some Super AMOLED goodness with ridiculous sound. And yes, I do know those headphones are anything, but portable.

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about streaming films, but for downloads RockPlayer has been doing a pretty good job of playing back MP4, mkv, flv, and random avi's.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about streaming films, but for downloads RockPlayer has been doing a pretty good job of playing back MP4, mkv, flv, and random avi's.

I also think that DoubleTwist can play movies, but I didn't really try it out when I was prompted for what player I wanted to use.

baltimoreevo

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I want to get the same quality that the copy of Avatar on the vibrant. I have movies on my Epic but the copy of Avatar is absolutely cinema quality. Does the setting for the nano give you that kind of quality? Thanks in advance.

pastorich1

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded DVD Catalyst for $10 earlier. It is very easy to use and ripped a couple of movies flawleslly to .mp4 format (I used the Droid Incredible settings). I copied them to my Epic and they play great and aren't very big. "The Reaping" ripped in less than 30 minutes and is just under 600 MB.

You can get the free version first to test the quality.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded DVD Catalyst for $10 earlier. It is very easy to use and ripped a couple of movies flawleslly to .mp4 format (I used the Droid Incredible settings). I copied them to my Epic and they play great and aren't very big. "The Reaping" ripped in less than 30 minutes and is just under 600 MB.

You can get the free version first to test the quality.

Too bad they don't have a mac version... can't wait to get rid of this thing

waytoocrazy

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I need my freaking Schiit Valhalla amp to drive my Senn HD 800s, but then I'm hoping I can get some Super AMOLED goodness with ridiculous sound. And yes, I do know those headphones are anything, but portable.

....very nice, but why hook those up to the Epic, highly doubt the DAC in there is worth much of anything. Screen on the other hand is fantastic!

waytoocrazy

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just tried the following settings in Handbrake (which looks great) and plays with 5.1 audio.

High Profile setting...
Picture: Default (Auto Cropping) (Keep Aspect ratio)
video Filters: DeInterlace (Slower)
Video: Codec: H.264, Framerate (same as source) & Constant Quality
Audio: Automatic, Audo codec: AAC, MixDown: Dolby Prologic II.
Subtitles: Forced Only and Burned In (set to Yes for both).
Chapters: checkmarked.

Tried it out... worked FANTASTIC with Swordfish (only converted 10 chapters). The beginning part where the woman explodes from the bomb strapped to her... AWESOME in 5.1 surround (didn't even know it had this feature). This plays through the default movie player. I can take screen shots if you need it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member