how loose is my phone?

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay so this is my first slider style phone. So I have no frame of reference..

It's a bit disconcerting for me that whenever I hold the phone in my hand and my finger reaches around the bottom to push the power button, the palm of my hand almost always inadvertently pushes against the sliding top half and as a result the phone's halves moves around.. not a a feeling of solidness.

Sometimes when i tap on the bottom left corner, i feel the screen being pushed down.. I can actually get the screen to pivot diagonally by pressing lightly on the the bottom left and upper right corners.

I understand the slighting mechanism has to work and there has to be some looseness. Is what I described typical?

nc2nc2

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
What you describe seems normal. All the epics I tested do this to some extent (some people call it the oreo effect). A good test to take any and all cases off, open the slider, and type on the keybaord and then the screen, or simply lightly shake the phone to see if the slider has a wobble in the top portion. You can do the same test with the phone closed to see if the bottom portion of the slider is weak. If do not detect in any wobble, your phone should be good.
I do this with all the sliders I have ever had. This is my second epic, because the first one I returned actually wobbled with the silder open. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Rtbar1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
exchange it for one that doesn't wobble with the keyboard open. you might need them to open a few boxes and see which ones are good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles