Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Wink Transfering contacts to Epic from Blackberry

Ok, I went from a Blackberry 8900 to the Samsung Epic 4G.

I got the contacts to bluetooth to the epic, but I can open the vcf file, but it only pulls up the very first contact. I can not get them to load on the Epic. I did the import from SD card and it says:

"Reading of vCard has failed"
    "failed to parse vCard for unexpected reason (File ended during parsing BASE64 binary"

my phone has a vcard...lol. ok sorry, immature moment.

any ideas how to transfer them?

Easiest option that comes to mind, setup a gmail account if you didnt already with the Epic.

Install google sync on the blackberry and then sync that with your new account and then resync the Epic.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by schnellmedic View Post
    Easiest option that comes to mind, setup a gmail account if you didnt already with the Epic.

Install google sync on the blackberry and then sync that with your new account and then resync the Epic.
    Does this transfer other info also? Such as bdays, adddresses, all that jazz?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Here you go. Check your csv file, but yes all fields should be in there including birthdays.

Quote Originally Posted by schnellmedic View Post

I just did this and, while it does work, be warned that if you sync it to your existing Gmail account rather than creating a brand new one for this purpose, anyone who's ever emailed you on your gmail account will now be in your Epic contacts. Ugh!

Anyone know if there's a way to mass delete any contacts that do not have phone numbers in them?