1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification LED Probs!

so yesterday i charged my epic and i saw the led light was a steady blue. also when receiving texts or missed calls the same led would blink red. now the led dont work anymore at all. i soft resetted and i didnt install much apps. i have launcher pro plus but the lights had been working with that installed.

anyone else having this problem? everything else is fine wit my phone. i am debatin whether this is a broken phone now. anyone have remedies?

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

pull the battery? i read that it fixed somebody's led problem somewhere...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeh i pulled it..waited a minute then put it back in. put the charger cord in.. and no led illuminated. any other remedies?
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by redalert825 View Post
    yeh i pulled it..waited a minute then put it back in. put the charger cord in.. and no led illuminated. any other remedies?
    You can try a factory reset or download Handcent and use their test notification setting to see if it is indeed a problem.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by caliskimmer View Post
    You can try a factory reset or download Handcent and use their test notification setting to see if it is indeed a problem.
    yup, i factory reset and tried handcent too. i just went to the store...exchanged my device and that notification light worked for a bit. then went to exchange again at a flagship store. it worked as it came out the box then it stopped working even when its charged the led isnt red. i dont kno if its a bad batch at two different stores or not, but is anyone else seeing this problem?

i'm having the same problem also. and it's pissing me off..
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

yes im not the only one..i bought my phone in san bruno and exchanged it there and at san mateo , CA. did your light used to work? what probs are you having?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

also, im wondering that the culprit maybe the sprint Micro-USB vehicle power charger PLUS which allows you to connect a second usb device to charge...?? anyone using this with your epic? maybe it blows out my led? even though sprint sells it as compatible with the epic?
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Just tried mine with the screen off. Works fine. I highly doubt an led would blow out like that.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i just find it odd that its happened to 3 handsets in a row straight from the box. works for a minute then doesnt work again. handcent didnt help either. even when you power up the phone it should show the red led but it doesnt. seems like a hardware failure.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by redalert825 View Post
    i just find it odd that its happened to 3 handsets in a row straight from the box. works for a minute then doesnt work again. handcent didnt help either. even when you power up the phone it should show the red led but it doesnt. seems like a hardware failure.
    Oh dang, that is bad. If that's not working it is indeed a hardware problem. Did you say that it worked out of the box, but doesn't work after you used the charger you bought? Also, I'm pretty sure you did this, but did you check to make sure the led settings are on?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

yeh checked all settings.. tested with handcent. reset hard and soft. worked out the box but then from the store i went into the car to check on it and it didnt work. i feel its the car charger which would be really bad bc they say its compatible for the epic. im goin to get a replacement and just dont use the car charger and see if that can be ruled out as the culprit. although, i agree, it seems unlikely that a charger can blow out an led/fuse in a phone.

Mine doesn't work either. Not sure if it was working out of the box, but the guy at radio shack put the phone right on a car charger to program it. He said the phone wouldn't program without doing so. I have never seen my LED work at all.

same problem here worked for 2 days then stopped... Sprint store tells me its a app conflict possibly and they want to wipe my phone not sure i want to go there yet.. gonna see if i can un-installs some apps and get it to work possibly...
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Well, I'm enjoying my two leds on my Evo, but my Epic before turning it in would only blink once after an email and never again. I don't know why.

Yeah, Mine don't work either

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

The update solved my notification problems (the duration, but NOT the colors and variety!!! Hope that fix is coming soon)...

Anyway, what WAS solved like I said before was the duration... I now get repeating LED notifications for both texts and emails, and they're different somehow, but I haven't paid attention close enough to be able to distinguish between the two... they definitely last though... I can leave a notification "unread" for hours and will continue to be informed that I have one waiting for me by my Epic's LED light...

So I guess it's baby steps Samsung? Ah well, it's better than no step at all...
    "Itís only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anythingÖ"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

DI07? I just noticed my LED is not working on notifications.