Delete Apps

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
What apps? Some of the apps you can't delete without rooting your phone. Others are done through settings > applications. You can click on an app then there will be an option to uninstall.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

SightUp

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am talking about the apps like Asphalt 5, Amazon MP3, Facebook, NASCAR, Sprint Football, Sprint Zone. I need none of those.

How do you root the phone? And what are the drawbacks if any of doing it?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Only through rooting can you do this. The simple way is to download TitaniumBackup and delete your apps that way. A harder way is to take the system dump, delete the bloatware, and then flash that as your ROM onto the phone, but I do not think this is possible quite yet.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I am talking about the apps like Asphalt 5, Amazon MP3, Facebook, NASCAR, Sprint Football, Sprint Zone. I need none of those.

How do you root the phone? And what are the drawbacks if any of doing it?

No drawbacks at all. Check the rooting section at the top of the forum for a link from Andrew how to root your phone. Once you get ADB up and running, you'll be rooted in no time! :)

SightUp

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone and installed TitaniumBackup. It may have uninstalled the apps I do not want but it didn't remove the Icons.

SightUp

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Open App-> Tapped Backup/Restore-> Tapped an app I wanted uninstalled->Un-install !

It puts a line through it. But when I check to see it actually has uninstalled the app, the app is still there and still able to be used.

Geek Girl

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you try shutting off then turning back on the phone? Maybe that will help? Just a guess. I also want to delete many of those same apps, but am a bit intimidated if I wanna try rooting it or downloading any other stuff yet. Is the download (and use) of that Titanium program free? If not, how much is it?

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Root then go to your adb shell or terminal emulator and type the following:

mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/stl5 /system (to remount for access to the system folder beyond reading)
cd /system/app
rm <application apk name here>.apk (you have to do this line for every apk you want to remove)
mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/stl5 /system (to remount to read only for protection)

when youre at the /system/app directory you can type "ls" (no quotes) to see all the .apk on the phone. From there find the ones associated with the apps you want to delete and you will have to type "rm <application apk name here>.apk" (no quotes) for every apk you want to remove. Here is a list of apk's that are on the phone minus asphalt5, nascar and amazon:

edit: link for apk's on the epic in my sig.

Last edited: