Touchwiz 2.5 to 3.0 differences?

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I see a lot of people saying that the Epic is using touchwiz 2.5 or a gimped 3.0

My question is what are we missing. The only thing I saw on my buddies captivate is the video player app. What is the real difference what am I missing as I only saw the phone for 5 minutes at the most.

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
-Music player
-Widgets
-Ability to customize the four icons in the dock
-Ability to re-arrange icons in the app drawer
-Puzzle lock screen

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It is COMPLETELY 3.0, but it isn't user accessible at the moment. In the system dump, you will find all the "missing" features, just not enabled yet.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
It is COMPLETELY 3.0, but it isn't user accessible at the moment. In the system dump, you will find all the "missing" features, just not enabled yet.

really this is good to know. I also hope they add the ability to change fonts system wide. LOVED that feature on the Captivate

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
really this is good to know. I also hope they add the ability to change fonts system wide. LOVED that feature on the Captivate

The only thing we can't find yet is an FM radio, however, since the wireless chip inside the phone is the same as the EVO's, it's all a matter of enabling the feature and adding a gui to it. Not many care about this feature, but I'm just letting you know that we've basically got the whole package and even a bit more.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
The only thing we can't find yet is an FM radio, however, since the wireless chip inside the phone is the same as the EVO's, it's all a matter of enabling the feature and adding a gui to it. Not many care about this feature, but I'm just letting you know that we've basically got the whole package and even a bit more.

Thanks for the info. That is awesome. Very excited about whats to come

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The swipe to call feature is in the contacts app on the other Galaxy S phones. It allows you to swipe on the name in left direction to call and right direction to message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon