How to access Samsung apps on the Epic ?

sub150#AC

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want the samsung widgets...go to a starting screen with some real estate, hit the bottom left soft button, add, then samsung widgets.

Not sure if thats what you want...but it may be.

woodyg8

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No. I know about the samsung widgets. What I'm looking for is the samsung app store that is available on the european galaxy s phones.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No. I know about the samsung widgets. What I'm looking for is the samsung app store that is available on the european galaxy s phones.

There is no Samsung app store in the US AFAIK, you need to go to the market for app browsing on the device. You can also search for additional non-market apps on line and download/install them manually if you wish.

Nexus 4g

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There is no Samsung app store in the US AFAIK, you need to go to the market for app browsing on the device. You can also search for additional non-market apps on line and download/install them manually if you wish.

Not true, using launcher pro, long press the home screen and select shortcuts/activities/samsung apps/samsung apps

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I inadvertantly installed the samsung app store a few weeks ago. Go to your camera settings and update firmware. The app store aparently has to be installed to get the update.

sent via Tapatalk on my Epic 4G

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What come sin the updated firmware for the camera?

Frankly, I don't use the camera a lot so I'm not sure what all it changes. The one thing I did notice is a big improvement in it's ability to properly focus on checks when using my bank deposit app. It used to be very difficult for it to focus on the back of the check because it is plain I guess, but is no longer an issue.

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
In Camera Settings, when I try to either 'Check Version by Network' or 'Firmware Update' I get the dialog box saying 'It will occur additional fee. Will you continue?' Poor English usage aside, what add'l. fee is incurred?

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In Camera Settings, when I try to either 'Check Version by Network' or 'Firmware Update' I get the dialog box saying 'It will occur additional fee. Will you continue?' Poor English usage aside, what add'l. fee is incurred?

It just refers to usage fees. With unlimited, no worries.

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It just refers to usage fees. With unlimited, no worries.

Thanks!

Checked it out and I've got the latest version already. Not sure if that would change with the Samsung Apps installed or not. I seem to remember some having a problem with image quality after updating to 2.2. Has that been resolved?

Last edited:

bigtimeweb

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Samsung apps is baked into the SRF 1.2 rom

If you dont want the rom maybe you could flash it, grab the apps you want from samsung, back them up and then flash back and restore them....