1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Had the Epic under 24 hrs...

.. and one of my kids already was goofing around and reset it!! *banging head*.
    Last night my 6 y.o. was playing with it and hit the reset key... and boy was I mad!!! Thankfully I think I got it back to how I want it (give or take).
    My question is... is there anyway to make it harder to reset it??

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Empress_4 View Post
    .. and one of my kids already was goofing around and reset it!! *banging head*.
    Last night my 6 y.o. was playing with it and hit the reset key... and boy was I mad!!! Thankfully I think I got it back to how I want it (give or take).
    I don't know what you mean by the reset key, there is not such key in this phone. To reset (reboot or wipe) you need to make several button/menu choices, is not something that is done accidentally.
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Default Re: Had the Epic under 24 hrs...

I concur

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    d94

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

i also concurus

Quote Originally Posted by Empress_4 View Post
    Ummm... Give your kid an old phone to play with?

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

I would say set a security pattern. Granted this will lock your phone if he/she tries too many times it will lock you out for a short period of time (still allows emergency calls). The only problem is that they could accidentally make an emergency call and thats not good.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE