epic keyboard issues
09-22-2010 12:00 PM
- Hello everyone. I got my epic yesterday and seem to be having keyboard issues. It only happens with the physical keyboard. It seems to just miss keys. I know that I am hitting them because I can actively watch it not register the press. It seems to do this with all the keys not just a certain few. And the space bar included. Is this a known issue? Anyone else experiencing this problems? Thanks.09-06-2010 03:58 PM
- 09-06-2010 09:15 PM
- No problems here and I've been using it quite a bit. Pretty quick on the keys too. The only issue I have is accidentally missing the space bar sometimes and hitting the period. Overall though, love the look and feel of the keyboard. Best I've used for sure, though I'd like to get some more hands on time with the Droid 2's board just to compare.09-06-2010 09:54 PM
- No problems here and I've been using it quite a bit. Pretty quick on the keys too. The only issue I have is accidentally missing the space bar sometimes and hitting the period. Overall though, love the look and feel of the keyboard. Best I've used for sure, though I'd like to get some more hands on time with the Droid 2's board just to compare.09-06-2010 10:54 PM
- I am pretty feverous on the keys and I don't havd keys miss at all. But I will admit that I have had a few errors learning this keyboard. As fo the build quaility of the epic and the droid 2 ill say I love the metal chassis of the droid 2 but I don't think its built better. The keyboard is ok at best and the slider isn't great either. But its still a great phone and if I was on vzw it would be my phone.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk09-10-2010 12:40 AM
- Yeah I have stopped using the physical keyboard because its so irratic. It happens when I'm typing slowly as well so I know its not a speed issue. The keys are pressed but nothing happens. I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this. Maybe people are using the on screen keyboard so much they don't notice it.09-10-2010 09:56 AM
- Somewhere i read that if you use the keyboard more the rubber membranes seem to break in and make this happen less. I have spent the last maybe hour or so pressing the buttons to see. Is anyone else hearing anything about this? Or should i just get this thing swapped...09-21-2010 07:44 PM
- Seems like people are either no using their keyboard in lieu of the on creen and thu not seeing this issue. I purposfull typed at a sloer than noral rate on the physcal keyboard to demonstrate the issue I'm having. An I am making sure to ress each key once and register the click. Uncceptable imo. As you can see its not typos its smply missing keys. I don't get it. Doesn't seem to be any specific key either.09-21-2010 10:08 PM
- Coming from a domed portrait keyboard (Pre), the epic keyboard just sucks. It has a nice click feel, but it is so easy for a finger to be on a neighboring key and to also press it. Domed keyboards substantially reduce this issue. The perfect model for this is Blackberry.
I wish the epic had a portrait slider keyboard instead like the Dell Lightning style. They look ugly when open, but are much faster to whip out and use and if domed and feel right, are much faster and more accurate.
Also, why does the default keyboard turn off all autocorrect on the hardware keyboard? I shouldn't need to have to run an add-in(better keyboard) to get this feature.09-22-2010 07:28 AM
- I haven't had any issues with the keyboard besides the fact that I am still in a "Pre" state of mind with my keyboard (large hands + small keyboard = adjusting) and as a result I am pressing some keys at the same time... I think I'm over-compensating for the fact that it's bigger, but that will take some time to get used to...
I haven't had any issues with keys not registering though... I hope this isn't a widespread problem!09-22-2010 12:00 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
epic keyboard issues
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD