1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo EC05

Default Battery widget

Hello all...

I am wondering if any of you are using a battery widget on your Epic. If so, which one are you using?

Thanks in advance!

My favorites are Gauge Battery Widget, BatteryLife, Quick Battery, Battery Left Widget, and one that just shows the percent but I can't seem to find that one again.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

im using gauge battery widget. I like it.

I'm using a widget simply called Battery Widget. It's OK but what's the deal with the Epic's icon showing a vastly different charge level than the widget reports?

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery widget

Just a battery toggle in extended controls.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

I'm using Quick Battery.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by docprego View Post
    I'm using a widget simply called Battery Widget. It's OK but what's the deal with the Epic's icon showing a vastly different charge level than the widget reports?
    I believe I'm using the same thing. The little battery pic shows way tomuch of a difference. I'm thinking that it might be correct , only because at the end it will read 1 % and the top is blinking. I'll keep it for a week more if it stays the same I'll delete it. I'ts a nice wiget , just annoying to see the big difference.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I'm using Batteryminder. It monitors battery level, health, temp and time. It provides a battery level percentage in your status bar. Whenever you pull the status bar down it displays all the current stats on your battery.
    I recommmend this application.

All of the battery apps show much less battery than the actual battery notification.

Not sure if its the battery still being first week conditioned but its always a good 20-30% off. Seems like all Epics do this.
    Rooted EPIC 4G
    Stock Kernal
    Firmware DI07
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo EC05

Quote Originally Posted by docprego View Post
    I decided to go with Battery Droid, but I'm having the same issue. The icon on my phone shows more than what the widget shows. To test it, I added 3 different widgets at the same time and they all gave the same number. Maybe there's an issue with the Epic's battery icon??
    Hey there!
    twitter.com/firstborn80 :rolleyes:

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I found Battery Life last night and it was my favorite of all of them I tried.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm using battery status pro, which shows the percentage in the notification bar, and if you pull it down it will also show the battery temperature. I also have Mini Info widget which shows not only that info, but also the remaining RAM and SD card space, all in a 1x2 widget.
    Epic 4G
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Sense analog clock has an option to show battery life in percent. Shows other system hardware as well as the time. Pretty decent app.
    My mobile device timeline:
    Misc electronic organizers -> Cassiopeia -> palm pilot III -> m100 -> Palm Pilot VII and Zire 21 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> PPC6700 -> Treo 755p -> PPC6800 -> Palm Pro -> Palm Pre -> Samsung moment -> Samsung Epic 4g -> HTC EVO Shift 4g-> Galaxy Nexus-> EVO LTE

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

I use BattStatt. It is a really clean looking widget with just text of the percentage. Seems to be an accurate guage of the phone's battery life, unlike the default battery icon which makes the phone look like its always full of juice.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo EC05

Thanks vtective! I like BattStatt too...very simple!
    Hey there!
    twitter.com/firstborn80 :rolleyes:

I'm using Battery Monitor. Puts the battery percentage in the pulldown status bar. The odd thing is that the percentage doesn't really match the default graphic battery meter in the status bar.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

I forgot what I picked, but it was super simple and the first thing that I could find that would show the battery percentage.

Is there a way to change the default little battery icon into a percentage instead of using a widget?

Quote Originally Posted by egeorge1 View Post
    I'm using battery status pro, which shows the percentage in the notification bar, and if you pull it down it will also show the battery temperature. I also have Mini Info widget which shows not only that info, but also the remaining RAM and SD card space, all in a 1x2 widget.
    +1

I am using the free Battery Status version and just get the % in the notification bar with multiple display options. I have used a number of the widgets and they are fine but this one doesn't take up space on any of my screens and is visible no matter what screen or app I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Is there a way to change the default little battery icon into a percentage instead of using a widget?
    Here is a thread from the XDA forums... it is over my head for now but the modded battery indicator is sweet...

anything out there to get rid of the stupid battery icon and change it to a percentage?

See the previous post.