Instant Battery Fix for all complaining Epic Owners!

dmshocker

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of all these people complaining about getting 6 hours of battery life. So, I have a cheap, simple, and effective solution!

2x BATTERY + AC DOCK CHARGER FOR Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - eBay (item 180548075445 end time Sep-15-10 10:08:29 PDT)

2x 1500 mAh batteries and a wall charger that does both USB and individual batteries at once.

This is extremely handy because, for example, I don't get very good battery life at my school (I think maybe because the phone is constantly searching for service, thus using more energy), so I can keep one of the batteries in my backpack always charged.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Not that I don't appreciate your suggestion, but I would find this product to be a highly suspect product for $10.

I would also be concerned about whether these statements are factual:

• This replacement battery has an integrated microchip that prevents overcharging and lengthens battery life.
  • Best replacement for the original battery with comparable standby and talk time.
  • Capacity :1500mAh
  • Battery rapid charge
  • Safety cut out circuit
  • Built-in protection circuit prevents overcharging.
Also, if the AC output is: DC 4.2 +/- 0.05V , 350mA +/-50mA there is nothing rapid about that.

When you put out the kind of money you do on this phone, I would highly recommend OEM batteries and chargers if at all possible.

Monsterr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Almost all cheap batteries from China have much less mah than what they are listed as.

10 bucks is cheap for 2 extra batteries but I don't like having to contantly pry the back cover off.

I've been able to get a solid 9 hours from full charge with moderate usage. Knowing when to change power settings on the phone is the best way to maximize battery life.

Sent from my SPH-D700

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I'd rather spend the money on OEM or a well know company than to risk it on this. After all I did pay full price for the thing. (Well minus the 100 I got from trading in my Tour and iPhone 1. Should have been 150 but my Bold didn't turn on for some reason).

I really was thinking of the double battery with stand alone charger. Wouldn't even bother me than. Just wish they could make cases for phones that fit around larger mah batteries.

IE: Seidio should make a hard case for for use with their 3500mah batteries. I would love one when it comes out; but, I'd rather have the rugged case for the phone than no case and great battery life. Will be a pain taking off 3 layers and a back to put in a battery though, lol.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well Id rather fix the issue then have to swap batteries all day. Granted Im not having battery issues, but still a fix is better then a workaround any day of the week.

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that these batteries are untrustworthy, though I've had yet to read a first hand example of them doing any damage to a phone.

If the consensus was that they're fairly safe though, I'd try my luck.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well Id rather fix the issue then have to swap batteries all day. Granted Im not having battery issues, but still a fix is better then a workaround any day of the week.

The only issue I have is in the stand by drainage. I feel like I get the same battery life whether I'm sitting there doing stuff on the phone; or, it's just sitting idle. Deff needs to have better standby life.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Batteries from china are cheap because that's where they are made. They are not low quality. I buy cheap lipo batteries from hobbyking.com all the time. Shipping is usually pricey and it still a great deal. I get 5800mah rated batteries for $20.00 that have over 100 cycles and still charge to over 6000mah. Cell phone batteries are cycled even more often. The best OEM battery will eventually degrade after so many cycles. You could argue that Samsung quality control might be better but IF you got a dud battery, you still have a charger and another battery for a great price. This deal isn't going away anytime soon so I'm gonna hold out in the hopes for a larger capacity battery that is the same size.

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the battery + charger for the fascinate will work with the Epic?
I think it's $40 for a battery, spare battery charger, and Y cable to charge the phone at the same time.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I will play Devil's advocate. EVO owners are mostly reporting better battery life with the Chinese batteries. I don't know if anyone's had problems since I read the thread, but they were definitely LAUDING these batteries.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if the battery + charger for the fascinate will work with the Epic?
I think it's $40 for a battery, spare battery charger, and Y cable to charge the phone at the same time.

Yes it will work. If you buy it online from Verizon be sure and try the BAT30 promo code for 30% off of that and also the FREEOVERNT promo code for next day delivery.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem and just so you know these just went online within the last 15 minutes.

I'm going to get one. It is a great price, hopefully they don't sell out. Still loving my $25 bluetooth headphones, though they took a month to get here, even with the overnight shipping.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad