Thinkfree office!

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
We'll I decided to test my document application that comes with the epic and wow I did not know I was going to save a lot of money! Makes the pprice tag a little better if you ask me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
We'll I decided to test my document application that comes with the epic and wow I did not know I was going to save a lot of money! Makes the pprice tag a little better if you ask me.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch Documents 2 Go, since Blackberry bought them, likely that they will no longer support or update other platforms.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have been using them for years and I was quite tired of paying through the nose to edit and make documents (minus my wm days). Glad to see I got that from the oem this time around!

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried the built-in app on the Epic yet (I use QuickOffice), does it read AND write? If so that is certainly a BIG plus for the Epic.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Reads and writes and it's pretty robust. I thought for sure it was only a reader until I was viewing some docs tonight and realized there was an edit option.

Nice! Saved me some big bucks. This, plus the 16gb micro SD (I hear the Evo only came with 8), and I'm no longer peeved about paying $249 for this phone.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Excellent news, and you are right about the Evo, it only came with an 8GB card and no internal memory (probably because of no space with the 4G radio), so I had to pay extra for a 16GB card back then. Good thing that Samsung bundled a 16GB card.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It reads, writes AND creates! It is just like office mobile and very robust. I was making documents and my wife said there is no way you can effectively do spread sheets on a phone until I showed her. She was just as impressed if not more then me (she is a spreadsheet junky). Thats $15 and a hassle I can save! Definitely happy with this phone!

skybird555

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I ahve an android 3 G - LG--phone with Thinkfree preinstalled .I was wondering how can one edit or delete files downloaded from emails on this program.Any input is appreciated.

skybird 555

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Just as a quick note, RIM "only" acquired some of Dataviz's assets along with "a majority of developers" ( DataViz, Makers of Documents To Go, apparently acquired and now owned by Research In Motion | CrackBerry.com ).

Dataviz's statement on the matter reads:

It is not our practice to disclose details of our business relationships with our partners. That being said, while we did sell some of our assets to RIM, DataViz itself has not been acquired and is still very much in business.

We remain committed to many of the platforms that we supported previously including both iPhone and Android. In fact, we will be releasing several new versions of Documents To Go in the coming weeks and you can expect to see other offerings from us in the future as well.

DataViz Was Not Acquired by RIM, Still Working on iPhone, Android OS Software

I can't speak to Dataviz's ability to continue the support of non-Blackberry platforms, but there's no reason to think that such support will be ending in the near future.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It reads, writes AND creates! It is just like office mobile and very robust. I was making documents and my wife said there is no way you can effectively do spread sheets on a phone until I showed her. She was just as impressed if not more then me (she is a spreadsheet junky). Thats $15 and a hassle I can save! Definitely happy with this phone!

I made a powerpoint presentation on the phone. I thought that was pretty neat.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I flashed the standard version of syndicate rom and noticed it didn't have thinkfree office after flashing it. How can I get it back without buying it from the market?