Calendar invites doesn't work with gmail?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Just a desperate bump.

When i invite attendees through my caledar it says i must have email set up. I have Gmail through the Gmail app, not the email app.

I never had this problem with my Hero.

Any thoughts?

cmenglish

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
From the calendar screen hit the menu button, choose Settings -> Calendars. Uncheck 'My calendar' and make sure that your gmail calendar is set up and checked.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
From the calendar screen hit the menu button, choose Settings -> Calendars. Uncheck 'My calendar' and make sure that your gmail calendar is set up and checked.

Logic would suggest that this should fix the problem but unfortunately it doesn't.

Even after unchecking "My Calendar" on the settings menu, whenever you add a new entry it will automatically default to "My Calendar" rather than Google. You need to MANUALLY select Google on each new entrie for them to sync with your online calendar.

What a dud!!

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Logic would suggest that this should fix the problem but unfortunately it doesn't.

Even after unchecking "My Calendar" on the settings menu, whenever you add a new entry it will automatically default to "My Calendar" rather than Google. You need to MANUALLY select Google on each new entrie for them to sync with your online calendar.

What a dud!!

Correct, i figured that out as well.

There's no way i see to make Gmail the default.

cmenglish

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

What a dud!!

Wow, you're right, that IS really ridiculous. I hope this is Samsung's calendar and not the built in Android calendar, otherwise WTF @ Google's integration.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I am findings a number of minor software issues with the Epic (Samsung's issues rather than hardware), but they are really begining to pile up by now. Fortunately, most if not all can be fixed with a firmware update (not much hope there) or ultimately with a custom ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress