My Epic's problem is Sprint's problem

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Got my Epic today (had to go to the post office today because those r-tards don't know what the hell they're doing) and I love the phone and everything about it.

Except that I don't get any bars in my bedroom. Even my living room, which is basically at the street, it only gets one bar.

I have absolutely no idea why, in the middle of one of the more densely packed parts of West Hollywood, Sprint doesn't have towers covering a 5 x 1/2 block area. I checked Sensorly... Looks like Sprint lost themselves a convert and I'll be picking up a G2 this month.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Got my Epic today (had to go to the post office today because those r-tards don't know what the hell they're doing) and I love the phone and everything about it.

Except that I don't get any bars in my bedroom. Even my living room, which is basically at the street, it only gets one bar.

I have absolutely no idea why, in the middle of one of the more densely packed parts of West Hollywood, Sprint doesn't have towers covering a 5 x 1/2 block area. I checked Sensorly... Looks like Sprint lost themselves a convert and I'll be picking up a G2 this month.

Have you dropped calls or lost connections in those areas? My WiFi bars are always super low and my data bars rarely go past halfway, but I've never had any actual problems with my connections. I think the bars might by like the battery meter - reporting incorrectly.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that. Thats why everyone has a carrier that fits them best. My phone is the opnly one of my firends that will get signal in my garage ( minimal but still somewhat of a signal). Its all about coverage and if it doesnt work for you well then that is unfortunate but one carrier will.

Have you tried both the 4g and 3g radios?

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Free airave thing is interesting. What, is that basically a cell repeater that uses my internet to hook up to Sprint?

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, they said there's no way they can offer me a free airave.

Rofl man, you really would think they'd have a tower covering this area...

Guess my honeymoon with the Epic is through... G2 HERE I COME!

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
They can give you it free. The person you talked to probably doesn't know what codes to put in. I got mine waived and they sent me one for free. Its nice always have signal in the home now. Even in the basement. You don't get data but I use wifi in my home anyway so no biggie

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, they said there's no way they can offer me a free airave.

Rofl man, you really would think they'd have a tower covering this area...

Guess my honeymoon with the Epic is through... G2 HERE I COME!

Make sure you talk to retentions, not just regular support. They will give it to you most likely.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh I talked to retentions. And the dude really wanted to give it to me free. Then he grabbed his superior and she really wanted to give it to me. But they said since I'm such a new customer they can't give it free, and I'm like "that's stupid, I'll be locked into my contract in 30 days. If I don't get good service, I'm going to return the phone. If you don't give me an airave, I won't have good service, so I'll never become a paying customer."

I'm like, "unless you plan on putting a tower up tomorrow, the only way to make me a paying customer is to give me a free airave." and they said they couldn't

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its true sprint used to give out free airaves, but they aren't anymore. They are not authorized to give them away under ANY circumstance now, they have to let you cancel. You can pay for one still though.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Its true sprint used to give out free airaves, but they aren't anymore. They are not authorized to give them away under ANY circumstance now, they have to let you cancel. You can pay for one still though.

Dude was saying they'd give it out free if you were already a customer with a history with them

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'm in the same boat. Poor signal strength in and around my house and neighborhood. It causes rapid battery drain, not to mention failed texts and internet connection. Spoke to customer service yesterday and they suggested I go into a retail store and ask about a free airave. If I don't get one I will have to leave Sprint. Would be a shame to have such a great phone on a crappy network(at least where I live).

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'm in the same boat. Poor signal strength in and around my house and neighborhood. It causes rapid battery drain, not to mention failed texts and internet connection. Spoke to customer service yesterday and they suggested I go into a retail store and ask about a free airave. If I don't get one I will have to leave Sprint. Would be a shame to have such a great phone on a crappy network(at least where I live).

Is your network settings on Automatic or Sprint? If it's on Sprint change it to automatic so you can roam. If Verizon covers your area then you roam on them for free. All US roaming is free and I know VZW has to have coverage where you are. If they or Sprint don't then..... wow.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is your network settings on Automatic or Sprint? If it's on Sprint change it to automatic so you can roam. If Verizon covers your area then you roam on them for free. All US roaming is free and I know VZW has to have coverage where you are. If they or Sprint don't then..... wow.

I tried both settings and went back to Auto. It was even worse on Sprint only.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The Airave is only free for people that have been with Sprint for over 30 days.

Airave doesn't offer EVDO Rev. A. So, you'll want wifi at home in order to get good wifi reception.

Honestly, if you barely get Sprint and no 4G, just switch to another carrier.