Epic Rendered Unusable

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all... hoping someone can help.

I installed Visual Task Switcher to see what it was like, but after I chose my settings the phone locked up. After waiting a while, pushing some buttons, etc... I pulled the battery.

Now, the device boots up but never to where I can do anything. I see the Samsung screen, then the Sprint 4G splash screen, then just blackness.

I would love to avoid, but am willing to hard reset. I found some docs that said to hold the Volume Down button while pressing the power button from an off state to do this... but nothing happens when I try that (i.e. same black screen after the Sprint splash).

Notes:

The capacitive buttons light up but don't seem to do anything, no haptic feedback.

Some random combination of opening and closing the slider and pushing the power button SOMETIMES lets me see the Flight Mode/Silent options box.

Every few seconds it makes a little "doo doo doo"/you suck tone.

I tried without the SD Card

I tried plugging it into a wall out let and USB on my PC to somehow bring it back to life.

Not sure what else to try... what a lame result of trying a new app. :p

Thanks in advance.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Couple questions...

At the black screen, plug your phone in. Does your computer make a sound that it's connected?

Have you tried to wipe the data?

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Couple questions...

At the black screen, plug your phone in. Does your computer make a sound that it's connected?

Have you tried to wipe the data?

Yes, it does make the normal "cable connected" sound.

I hadn't tried a wipe because I couldn't get into the recovery mode. I just found another site that said it was Vol Down+Camera+Power and that worked. So... I will try a hard reset if no one has a better idea.

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could describe it better, but what is that "your phone is the dead" tone that is happening every few seconds during this black screen of non-usability?

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what tone you're speaking of. You need to get into ADB and remove the program that's causing the error. Do you have the SDK installed?

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, after working at this for a while... it looks like I needed USB debugging to be turned on? I cannot get adb to recognize that a device is attached.