Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Frozen 1.2

Default Epic is getting hot under the camera

Is anyone else having an issue with the phone getting pretty warm to the touch on the back under the camera? I notice it does it sometimes when I charge it or when I play a game for a period of time.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

thats normal, happens to all phones, near the cpu, when under stress over extended time.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

notice how the computer you're typing this on gets hot after a while?

If the hot spot is below the camera and just a tad to the right, its the MicroSD card that's heating up.

This is kind of to be expected during charging. However, if it's happening otherwise, you might want to power off and power back on your phone, and then take a look at any apps or live wall paper you're using and either uninstall them or use a different one for a while to see if that could explain the issue.
    Eric Stewart - http://ericdives.com/
    For my Android experiences, see my Android related blog posts
    Treo 300 > Treo 650 > Blackberry 8703e > Blackberry 8830 > Blackberry 9630 > Palm Pre > Samsung Epic 4G