Reddish Tint?

mooshubob

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice a slight black-->red gradient/tint on like the notification bar? I've also seen it on bootup.

Black/gray gradients have a slight tint to them...is this normal?

mooshubob

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I mean. This picture is on my allshare app/video player:
The image/video itself seems perfectly fine, although that could be a result of the rest of the colors being perfect.

Apologies in advance for the terribad quality.

2ykyzwj.jpg

mooshubob

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
zme52f.jpg

160 and 192 seem red. Also, if I zoom in, the borders all along the top have the same reddish tint - essentially wherever the black/gray/lighter gray gradients occur.

Wtfrak is going on?!

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
1st of all, don't show with a snap shot from your digital camera, that does not show anything. Every camera takes different looking pictures.

2nd of all, can you use the Android SDK and take a screenshot when this grey chart is being displayed? It most likely won't show the red tint, but at least that will narrow out the issue to some other part of the phone.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
well then best thing to do is to go to a sprint store, load the up the same grey scale image on both phones and show them the issue with your's and expect an exchange.

mooshubob

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured it out! My brightness was at the lowest possible setting. When I tried it ~50%, I couldn't see anything. This may be due to the intrinsic property of AMOLED screens with PenTile matrix displays....