How do I???

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the Epic 4G and coming from a Palm Pre - so how do I....

1. If I enter a new entry into Google Calendar (on the epic 4g phone) how do I get the entry to sync onto my Web Based Google calendar?

(it does the reverse fine - the phone shows my web based entries but not the other way around)...

2. When I do make an entry into the phone - why does it show up in a pink color. I am a guy - come on.....how can I change this color?

3. How do I take an MP3 and make it my ringtone (or randomize a bunch of MP3s as my ringtone)....(couldnt find how to do this in the android ringtone settings - it only lets me pick their cheesy music).

4. Is there a way to turn off that annoying lock mechanism on the phone (the one you have to slide up to stop the phone from being touched when it is in your pocked - I hate that lock - I want it off - is there a way?)

5. Improve the quality of the speakerphone. It seems to be horrible compared to my Palm Pre and old Evo phone. Everyone complains about there being static and sounding like I am far away.

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
1. I think you have to have it set to sync with that acct, and then select one of your other calendars when making the event.

2. Don't know. I tend to set things as calendars from my google acct which I can change the color online.
(Edit: By that I mean, on the phone, i can select one of my calendars that I had previously made online, when creating an event on my phone).

3. There's an app for that...I've used Tone Picker and Ringdroid.

4. an app for that. Think I've seen mention of something called "No lock," maybe...I could be wrong, since I haven't used anything for this.

5. I don't really use the speaker so I can't comment on this

Nohl75

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
the easiest way to make a mp3 your ringtone is go into the music player find the song long press the song and it will pop a menu that will let you set it as ringtone

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Another way to put custom ringtones on your phone is to make a folder on your SD card and name it ringtones then you put whatever mp3s you want as ringtones in there.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
1. I think you have to have it set to sync with that acct, and then select one of your other calendars when making the event.

When you enter an event on your Epic's calendar, it will default to the phone calendar which does not sync with Google. You have to manually set each new entry to be on the Google calendar for it to sync, even if you uncheck the phone calendar from the settings menu. I don't know of any menu settings to change that default.

A step backwards I know, but that is what is happening.

alex800

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When you enter an event on your Epic's calendar, it will default to the phone calendar which does not sync with Google. You have to manually set each new entry to be on the Google calendar for it to sync, even if you uncheck the phone calendar from the settings menu. I don't know of any menu settings to change that default.

A step backwards I know, but that is what is happening.

My wife just found out the hard way. She was using Epic from release day and input a bunch of events and appointments in calendar. Today she swapped her Epic for another one (had some issues with keyboard) and found out that all of her events and appointments were gone. The problem when you create an appointment in Epic calendar it defaults to ?My Calendar? instead of Gmail calendar. ?My Calendar? is a local copy and does not sync with anything.

miaent

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife just found out the hard way. She was using Epic from release day and input a bunch of events and appointments in calendar. Today she swapped her Epic for another one (had some issues with keyboard) and found out that all of her events and appointments were gone. The problem when you create an appointment in Epic calendar it defaults to ?My Calendar? instead of Gmail calendar. ?My Calendar? is a local copy and does not sync with anything.

Glad I searched this thread before posting my own dissatisfaction about this. It's ridiculous we can't have calendar entries default to the Google Calendar; Especially when we uncheck "My Calendar" is settings (clearly this setting is only for what calendars are shown). This is a flaw in my opinion because is totally contrary to every innovation that makes things quick for us....like a mouse (I know a lot of keyboard techies will disagree with this example).