Stock

Default Manually update your phone to DI07

Step 1: . I already renamed it for you.
    Step 2: Place into your SD card. Make sure it isn't in any subfolders
    Step 3: Turn phone off
    Step 4: Hold down Vol down and camera as you power on the phone
    Step 5: The update should automatically be found and install
    Step 6: Reboot phone

These are the stock directions. I believe this is flashable with Clockwork Recovery if you snagged that. This will not work if you're using a modified kernel or missing Sprint Apps. You must restore both to factory before updating. If you've simply rooted, this update will not mess up your root.
    Thanked by 15:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks for the info. I think I can handle waiting for the OTA. Now if it was the Froyo update taking forever, I would manually install for sure if available. This one though, not such a big deal.
    Epic 4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No prob.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Downloading now, thanks. No point in waiting when it's the same file...

I have a stocked Epic with installed app from Market. Followed the steps, but the update process did not run.

Am i missing anything at the power on step while holding down both the vol. down and camera button?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It should run an update script when you hold down the camera and volume down button. Continue holding down those two buttons while the phone loads until you get to the stock recovery screen. Triangle with exclamation point inside it.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: Manually update your phone to DI07

Tried downloading this using default browser, skyfire, xscope, opera, and Galapagos... seems like the zip file is only 4kb when downloaded? Is this supposed to be downloaded via a computer only?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I must have missing something. It does not work.

I hold down both those button till my wall paper went up and Media Scanner completed then screen goes into power saving (black).

NO go. It says "failed".

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

Yeah, I posted in the other thread with this link/info that the file verification fails.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Worked for me.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

I was unable to get this to work. I tried putting the Zip file on the SD card, and tried unzipping it and my phone just started up.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

I completely revoke that last comment. I turned off the pattern lock, and it came up no problem. It's rebooting right now, and I'll know officially in a moment if Media Hub works.

Edit: Confirmed working.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I got to the triangle screen and the green android guy. I can move the selection up and down but how do i select the "apply sdcard:update.zip"? I tried almost every key on the keyboard but the only thing I can do is move the selection up or down.

update: nevermind, i just hit the Home capacitive key and it's updating now.
    Thanked by:

how long do you hold down the camera+vol.down button?

did you hold it till your wallpaper display or galaxy S display?

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

I redownloaded the file, much larger than the first download... all worked well.

Thanks.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by denness544 View Post
    I got to the triangle screen and the green android guy. I can move the selection up and down but how do i select the "apply sdcard:update.zip"? I tried almost every key on the keyboard but the only thing I can do is move the selection up or down.

update: nevermind, i just hit the Home capacitive key and it's updating now.
    Nothing was automatic for me too. Had to select the update from sdcard option and hit home for the phone to update. The first post needs to be updated!

Okie.. it works now.. I had it plugged into the power source..

Remove it from power source. still don't understand.
    Thanked by:

Worked like a charm on the first try. Thanks Andrew

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    how long do you hold down the camera+vol.down button?

did you hold it till your wallpaper display or galaxy S display?
    power off phone. Hold down volume down+ camera button+ power button until u see recovery screen. If u see sprint boot up screen, then u didn't do it right.

I tried again, no go.oh well

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

Well, while the update went ok for me, my GPS (which was fine before the update) is now completely non-functional. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    power off phone. Hold down volume down+ camera button+ power button until u see recovery screen. If u see sprint boot up screen, then u didn't do it right.
    This is right on. Hold all 3 until recovery screen appears. Navigate selections with volume up/down, Home key for enter/select.

Worked great.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Worked for me on my ROOTED Epic 4G, OTA though. Also it appears that i still have root because i can still run a few apps that req root.

ROM
    SRF 1.1.0

ok i figured it out everyone that is having problems, dont unzip the file just put the file directly on the sd card still in zip format, then turn off the phone, then hold down the bottom volume key, the camera key, and the power key, until you get to boot screen, then scroll down to update by pressing buttom volume key, then hit home key and it starts the update, and feel free to thank me plz lol
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast