After playing with my EVO, my son decided to upgrade his phone but went with the EPIC (we both have Sprint).

He has had a number of problems, most of which have been detailed in various (and long) threads. However, one major problem that he has had (and I didn't see listed) is that several times his EPIC turns off at night (regardless of charge or charging state). It will NOT turn on the next morning unless he removes/reinserts the battery.

I don't have an EPIC but this seems like a problem that is beyond the normal bugs and hisses that come with a new release.

I suspect that this is a defective unit and that he should return it but I wonder if any EPIC owner might have had a similar problem and (hopefully) a fix or an opinion about if his EPIC is defective.

Thanks from both of us for any replies.
    09-20-2010 05:51 PM
    Just go in and return it. From what I've read, people here seem to do it all the time and Sprint seems willing to make sure you've got a device you're satisfied with! You're still in the 30 day period, so Sprint will likely keep you happy.
    09-20-2010 05:58 PM
    Return it for a new one.
    09-20-2010 05:59 PM
    I would do a factory data reset and if he stills has problems after that i would exchange it for another 1.
    09-20-2010 07:44 PM
    Yes return it should not be a problem. I hope you enjoy your EVO and then your son his new Epic.
    09-20-2010 07:45 PM
    Just go in and return it. From what I've read, people here seem to do it all the time and Sprint seems willing to make sure you've got a device you're satisfied with! You're still in the 30 day period, so Sprint will likely keep you happy.
    I second this. They even gave me free accessories to apologize for the problem Sprint has really turned it around since the Instinct days.
    09-20-2010 07:49 PM
    I've passed it on. Hopefully, my son will get a replacement.

Hard to imagine what phones we'll be fiddling with this time next year.....
    09-22-2010 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD