1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does my son have a defective EPIC?

After playing with my EVO, my son decided to upgrade his phone but went with the EPIC (we both have Sprint).

He has had a number of problems, most of which have been detailed in various (and long) threads. However, one major problem that he has had (and I didn't see listed) is that several times his EPIC turns off at night (regardless of charge or charging state). It will NOT turn on the next morning unless he removes/reinserts the battery.

I don't have an EPIC but this seems like a problem that is beyond the normal bugs and hisses that come with a new release.

I suspect that this is a defective unit and that he should return it but I wonder if any EPIC owner might have had a similar problem and (hopefully) a fix or an opinion about if his EPIC is defective.

Thanks from both of us for any replies.

Just go in and return it. From what I've read, people here seem to do it all the time and Sprint seems willing to make sure you've got a device you're satisfied with! You're still in the 30 day period, so Sprint will likely keep you happy.

Return it for a new one.

I would do a factory data reset and if he stills has problems after that i would exchange it for another 1.

Yes return it should not be a problem. I hope you enjoy your EVO and then your son his new Epic.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by eriksseven View Post
    Just go in and return it. From what I've read, people here seem to do it all the time and Sprint seems willing to make sure you've got a device you're satisfied with! You're still in the 30 day period, so Sprint will likely keep you happy.
    I second this. They even gave me free accessories to apologize for the problem Sprint has really turned it around since the Instinct days.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Thanks for the feedback

I've passed it on. Hopefully, my son will get a replacement.

Hard to imagine what phones we'll be fiddling with this time next year.....